Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pre-heating - Boot interference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, boring question...

If I turn the climate control on to warm the car and then subsequently open the boot to put something in, the climate turns off. Has anyone else noticed this?

Mildly frustrated in a cold model y

Sorry, boring question...

If I turn the climate control on to warm the car and then subsequently open the boot to put something in, the climate turns off. Has anyone else noticed this?

Mildly frustrated in a cold model y
I have noticed this. It has always been that way but I thought I had read that they had changed it with a software update a while back but maybe that was only on the M3 where the boot is separate or maybe I just imagined it.

Reactions: Jwdrums
I have noticed this. It has always been that way but I thought I had read that they had changed it with a software update a while back but maybe that was only on the M3 where the boot is separate or maybe I just imagined it.
Yes, I definitely remember them saying they'd changed the behaviour of pre-heating to persist after a door opening event - and presume this would include the boot.