Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Postponing delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wanting to place an order for a M3 before May 1st but I'm not sure how long it will take to get a loan. I'm in the middle refinancing my mortgage and the bank is discouraging taking out the car loan until the refi is done.

Is there a time limit on when I have to get a car loan after I place the order?

You don’t have to place an online order, you can call sales and they can find you one that’s on a lot somewhere close to you, also a cool video just came out of a guy that took delivery of a standard range of 220 miles but it has partial upgrades like a Plus with the motorized adjustable seats and normal Plus dashboard etc.

$35.000 model with extras for free... pretty amazing.

I'm wanting to place an order for a M3 before May 1st but I'm not sure how long it will take to get a loan. I'm in the middle refinancing my mortgage and the bank is discouraging taking out the car loan until the refi is done.

I was told I had 7 days from when the car arrives to take delivery or the car would be released for sale and I could order again.

Reactions: brkaus
I placed an order online on March 20th and called Tesla to set up a June 1st match. My goal was to order early and make sure I got the car before June 30th. Now I wait.

On edit: Also, they had me matched to a VIN within an hour of placing the order online, so they had to detach that VIN from my RN. No one at Tesla gave me any problems about it...

What do you mean arrives? Was it delivered to a tesla store and you just had to go pay for it?

There is no tesla store here but I'll have to deal with the delivery guy.

When I called to see if they had the car I wanted available (LR RWD) they said they had one in transit. I placed a deposit on the car to hold it. I had to go on a business trip for 2 week shortly after so I asked how long they would hold it. I was told only for 7 says after it arrived at the store. If I didn’t pay for it fully by then it could be sold to someone else and they would order me another one.

To give you and Idea of what I went through, I placed my order back in 2016 with the 1000.00 deposit and got inline. I was like 278,000 order. I predicted a 2019 delivery because I knew how this version model 3 was going to be. Well I had to wait even longer because Elon releases only the LR model first, then the MR, and finally the Plus version. I would get calls to upsale me into the MR one and I told them no, waiting for the 35k model. Others around me were going out and just purchasing them off the lot while Instill waited. My order went through to go ahead and start the design and place the 2500.00 deposit to continue the build. Finally a sales rep from Fremont called me, you know the computer generated a delivery date right, well it’s not going to happen. Your Standard Range 35k Model is still out 3 to 4 weeks... but he had a Black and a Blue Plus on the lot in San Diego where I live, told him that’s all good but I have been waiting for a red one. He put me on hold and found a Plus version in Costa Mesa and had it delivered to San Diego a week later. He had married me up with that new Vin number and finally I got one for 37k, at that time the price of the Plus went up 3% but he waived that and kept it to the original price of 37k. That’s my long winded story.. I’m sure many waited forever as I did.

Fred

And there's the possibility that a bunch of new credit appearing from the refi may impact your ability to get the car loan.