Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 Performance, MSM, Black, No FSD
Ordered Jan 28
Virginia

I got the 2 week build text on Feb 24, but nothing since. No VIN in source code yet. Anyone else with MSM hearing anything yet?

Based on the spreadsheet, it looks like 3 out of 8 who reported so far heard back / had theirs delivered.

upload_2020-3-4_9-21-22.png

• Informative
Reactions: ofcorona
I'm going to be picking mine up today at 4pm (was able to bump up my pickup by a couple of days). I'm giddy like a little kid on Christmas. I'll probably too excited to truly look over the vehicle to make sure it's in tip top shape.

I hope the rest of you start hearing some news soon. It really does sound like they're doing color and interior batches, so I'm guessing they'll all drop at once. Today is 7 weeks and 3 days from my order date with an 8-11 week estimate. I'm okay with that.

Reactions: Jbuckz and ofcorona
Model 3 Performance, MSM, Black, No FSD
Ordered Jan 28
Virginia

I got the 2 week build text on Feb 24, but nothing since. No VIN in source code yet. Anyone else with MSM hearing anything yet?

The spreadsheet shows 4 recently-configured M3P in VA, none of which appear to have a VIN yet:

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 2.09.35 PM.png

...including mine:

2020 Model 3 Performance, Blue/White, FSD
Ordered 1/23
Original estimate: 7-9 weeks (3/12 - 3/26).
Last update: "built in 2 weeks" text on 2/24
No VIN in source

I know exactly which one you are talking about. It's the blue one from Renton. I had this over the weekend for overnight test drive. Make sure you check the wheels as I saw some damages on the passenger side from curb rash (I swear it was there already when I got the car!).
Make sure they fix it for you. Congrats, its a beaut!
I really hope that Y are not delaying. Also, I heard they are starting with the performance version of it.

I feel bad that i keep on hoping that my car is not delviered before the last week of march .. -- and then i'm considering missing my appt so that my reservation will be pushed to end of Q2 .. (while so many here are hoping to get their car asap) -- just because it gives me a better chance to figure out other life stuff going on now (might move , might need to buy a house, etc).

.. well i guess if i pass on my car i'll make someone else happy to gets their car faster.

First time post! Just got the text today that my M3P black with white interior will be ready to pick up in Charlotte NC on the 17th. I live in Columbia SC Charlotte it is. Ordered January 12th. I had FSD on the car but took it off last minute. Will purchase in a couple months. I called the Tesla Dealership in Charlotte to get my Vin for insurance. He looked up the Gps on the car and it is in New Mexico on the way. Said my delivery date should get moved up!

First time post! Just got the text today that my M3P black with white interior will be ready to pick up in Charlotte NC on the 17th. I live in Columbia SC Charlotte it is. Ordered January 12th. I had FSD on the car but took it off last minute. Will purchase in a couple months. I called the Tesla Dealership in Charlotte to get my Vin for insurance. He looked up the Gps on the car and it is in New Mexico on the way. Said my delivery date should get moved up!

Nice! May I ask, when did you get your VIN. Did you ever check your the VIN source. Us folks are trying to guess for our config because we do have white interior in our config.

My delivery is not scheduled till tomorrow afternoon but I was told my car would be arriving today, so naturally I drove straight there when I got a break from work :) I tracked down my SA and got a sneak peak (of the outside at least). Reminds me of a Beastie Boys song right now, "no sleep till brooklyn" .

Attachments

• TeslaA.jpg
    TeslaA.jpg
    645.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Tesla1.jpg
    Tesla1.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 66
My delivery is not scheduled till tomorrow afternoon but I was told my car would be arriving today, so naturally I drove straight there when I got a break from work :) I tracked down my SA and got a sneak peak (of the outside at least). Reminds me of a Beastie Boys song right now, "no sleep till brooklyn" .

Hahah, I would do the same thing but maybe step it up a level and bring a tent then give my SA the option to deliver it right now or let me sleep in the parking lot until they are ready to give me my car :)

• Funny
Reactions: Dougiefreshlv
1/13 - Ordered White/Black LR Dual Motor with original eta of 7-10 weeks (changed to P3D)
1/24 - Delivery update - 3-7 weeks
2/3 - Sold my Porsche Cayman S in anticipation
2/6 - Deliver update - 3-6 weeks
2/13 - Delivery update - 2-6 weeks
2/24 - Delivery update - 2-5 weeks
3/1 - Changed order to P3D with Performance upgrades
3/2 - twiddling my thumbs waiting and a little upset I sold my Cayman a month earlier than I needed to.

3/4 - Received a call from SA saying my car is "leaving the factory" on 3/9. He doesn't know what that means for delivery though. I only live 15 minutes from the Fremont factory though and wonder if I should just schedule pick up there. He told me the delivery advisor would reach out to me soon.

I really hope that Y are not delaying. Also, I heard they are starting with the performance version of it.

Take this for what it's worth but when I did my sneak a peek today my SA told me they are expecting trucks to arrive at the Salt Lake showroom with shiny new Y's as early as next week. I really doubt they will ignore the Model 3 orders this close to end of the quarter though, so I think you'll be fine.