Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated the sheet.

San Francisco.
1/8 - ordered
A few “estimated delivery texts” For next few weeks
2/24 - Got the “your car should be built in 2 weeks” text
2/29 - Got the your car is in transit text
2/29 - scheduled the delivery and VIN now shows in the account page and not just source code

so yeah the 2 week built text is a good indicator. I know it says it’s in transit but it doesn’t take that long to go from Fremont to San Francisco, even in rush hour :). I took that as code speak for “we don’t have enough delivery slots”.

Nice congrats! I ordered on the same day, also on the West Coast.. :)

Reactions: IDRVSLO
Woohoo, was assigned a VIN today!

Details:
Model 3 Performance
Pearl White
Black Interior
Performance Upgrade
FSD

Config Date: 1/18/20
Text Received 2/24 "Delivery Timing Update - we currently expect your Model 3 to be built in the next 2 weeks."
VIN received 2/29

Looking forward to a delivery date text soon, I hope!

/TCP
Looks like us bay folks are getting our cars :)

Reactions: Dougiefreshlv
Am I wrong to think that it’s ludicrous that this is available and that anyone in their right mind would buy this??

View attachment 516303

So I asked my SA about that car out just out of curiosity. He said I don't want that one cause it isn't in the best condition. But he has been seeing a lot of cars coming in and expect Performances to be rolling in mid-March for Seattle.

Reactions: IDRVSLO
Woohoo, was assigned a VIN today!

Details:
Model 3 Performance
Pearl White
Black Interior
Performance Upgrade
FSD

Config Date: 1/18/20
Text Received 2/24 "Delivery Timing Update - we currently expect your Model 3 to be built in the next 2 weeks."
VIN received 2/29

Looking forward to a delivery date text soon, I hope!

/TCP

What!!?? I ordered an identical car to yours from Utah on 1-13 and still have nothing.

How am I supposed to get all my wife's around with no Tesla? This is BS!

I probably shouldn't read too much into this, but I just placed my order on 27 Feb for a Performance/Blue/White interior/FSD and the wait was at 3-5 weeks. Today it just dropped down to 2-4 weeks, so it's looking promising I'll be getting mine before end-of-quarter.

So I asked my SA about that car out just out of curiosity. He said I don't want that one cause it isn't in the best condition. But he has been seeing a lot of cars coming in and expect Performances to be rolling in mid-March for Seattle.

I forgot to mention what some others have already said that the mass text should have been only for new orders per my SA.