Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Final update: Went to pick up my car from the SLC showroom (excellent car, by the way - I've been loving every second since I first sat in the car), and I saw at least 4-6 performance Model 3s excluding mine. If you ordered before 10/16 and still haven't gotten a VIN, I would maybe start making some calls to Tesla. You should have definitely received a VIN at this point, if not the car itself.

Reactions: Davidkent0012
Well... I just reserved my back up option. This car is already at Salt Lake Tesla Center.

2019, sadly no gray wheels. But, I can get them powder-coated.

Attachments

• 289F0408-974A-46F6-A7EF-09FB7F99745B.png
    289F0408-974A-46F6-A7EF-09FB7F99745B.png
    404.1 KB · Views: 75
I looked into freight train tracking sites but I quickly learned that these companies don't publish any sort of real time information.
The closest thing I could find was this:
Heritage Units
Data is updated by railway fans, so it's very sporadic but at least it gives you a sense of routes and transit times across the country. Someone mentioned Albuquerque earlier - that fits nicely on the Chicago route. Full disclosure I know nothing about trains.

In any case, I hope this will distract some of us who still wait.

Well... I just reserved my back up option. This car is already at Salt Lake Tesla Center.

2019, sadly no gray wheels. But, I can get them powder-coated.

Good for you thought about the same one last night, just want the white/white, grey wheels look cool but don't care because I purchased Tsportline wheels and they are silver so whatever.

I just looked at mine after reading this and it no longer has a window. I ordered on 12/4. Original window was 2-4 weeks. two days later went to 3-5 weeks. Now nothing. Currently no vin in my source code.
Are you able to schedule a delivery appointment by going to tesla.com/schedule/RNxxxxxxx and replacing RNxxxxxxx with your reservation number? My delivery estimate disappeared briefly when I was able to schedule an appointment, although I did also receive a text to schedule.

I'm replacing a 2015 BMW M3. Placed my reservation October 31, in the hopes that I would see it by Christmas. I'm picking it up tonight. That was much faster than I expected. Tesla has obviously ramped up production to meet the demand before the tax credit expires. Is anyone seeing build quality suffer as a result?

Reactions: Type 5 and jon0351
Question on if you ordered your M3P when the price of the performance upgrade was $6,000. I see my account now reflects the new price of $7,000. My SA told me they will honor the $6k price but my account still shows $7k. I am curious if others encounter this as well and outcome.

I ordered it in 10/8 and no vin still- I’m pulling my hair out!