Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pay via ACH at delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, that's exactly what I did. In my haste to get to the delivery location in snow (Chicago), I forgot that the Monday of my delivery was a bank holiday, so my plan to run by my bank was moot. I had my laptop with me getting some work done, so I just went in, added my ACH information where it was asking for final payment, and paid. Easy

I paid in full in advance by ACH so nothing more was due prior to picking up the vehicle. I can't recall how long in advance I sent the $ but I would expect that it would have to be settled far enough in advance that they are comfortable.

Never pay in advance. Go to the delivery center, inspect the car, make sure you are happy with it. Then sign the papers, log on to the Tesla web site and enter your checking info on your way out. You don’t want to give Tesla any money until you know for sure you are taking delivery of the car. If there are issues you don’t want to chase after them for a refund.

Take a personal check along. I was planning on paying by using the payment button but after signing my name about 50 times to a pile of paperwork and then inspecting the car, I found that my Tesla account no longer had the payment button and instead said credit approval was pending. Even though I had already accepted the credit and even signed off on the credit papers. My SA said that happens sometimes and just to ignore it and pay by personal check, which I had brought along just in case (140 mile drive to Tampa so I brought everything under the sun along as they only give you a 3 day window and a 30 minute window on the day you pick). Happy red model 3 stealth owner now .

Take a personal check along. I was planning on paying by using the payment button but after signing my name about 50 times to a pile of paperwork and then inspecting the car, I found that my Tesla account no longer had the payment button and instead said credit approval was pending. Even though I had already accepted the credit and even signed off on the credit papers. My SA said that happens sometimes and just to ignore it and pay by personal check, which I had brought along just in case (140 mile drive to Tampa so I brought everything under the sun along as they only give you a 3 day window and a 30 minute window on the day you pick). Happy red model 3 stealth owner now .

Which store in Tampa? How was your experience? I'll be ordering from there soon.

Which store in Tampa? How was your experience? I'll be ordering from there soon.

North Florida Avenue store. I actually ordered from the Estero Florida store on Dec 6 after taking first test drive the same day. They only gave me several locations in Florida to take delivery and Tampa was closest. They called Friday and asked if I could take delivery on Monday, then switched it to Sunday pickup, then minutes before I left on Sunday they switched it back to Monday. Bit hectic but they had warned me in advance the truck was running a bit late. Got there an hour early and we got out in about an hour. Traded in a 2008 BMW X5 for $2900 (bit low but was tired paying the high service charges) but that didn’t slow the process any longer than it took to remove my license plate and carefully peel off my SunPass sticker. Overall a smooth process...and fast if you don’t read the mass of paperwork you sign :). Really glad the sales guy was able to find me a sleeper model 3 though...I hadn’t even heard of them before he brought it up while trying to find a red model 3 in the build schedule.

Reactions: scooter62
50 times? I signed twice and the. The ach on my app. I took a personal check and actually I was planning to write the check, he said you can write the check but the ach is faster for you and it was.