Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is old news, but I caught wind that Renton is being targeted as a location for a new service center. Somewhere by the old auto row there. I also heard something about Everett/Lynnwood, but the latter was somewhat vague.

That’s new news to me! Where can I find more information? I’m a Renton dweller, so that would be very nice.
I was in for some warranty work today, let's say at either Bellevue or SoDo (Don't want to get anyone in too much trouble yet), and I was told about this after I checked in. They saw my Covington address, and the conversation started there. If this is true, I'm definitely in the happy camp too.

Was there any timing associated with this rumor?

I was at the SoDo center on 08/10 to pick up a wall charger. Was told SoDo was closing and being replaced by a Renton and Lynnwood Service Center in the fall.

On another note, I placed my Red/White 3PD order on 08/05, the website said 2 weeks. As of today, I haven't received a VIN yet. The Bellevue SC I might be looking at mid-September...

I was at the SoDo center on 08/10 to pick up a wall charger. Was told SoDo was closing and being replaced by a Renton and Lynnwood Service Center in the fall.

On another note, I placed my Red/White 3PD order on 08/05, the website said 2 weeks. As of today, I haven't received a VIN yet. The Bellevue SC I might be looking at mid-September...

@SuperNuprin - Fret not. I placed my order on Father's day, 6/16 (gift to me) and didn't get a VIN until Friday, 6/21 - when it rolled out of the factory. It arrived at the Bellevue SC on Sunday, 6/23. I took delivery of a flawless LR AWD on Monday, 6/24. At the time of order, web site said "within two weeks," and in fact, I had it in eight days! :)

Reactions: Potpourri
Planning a trip from Vancouver to Seattle this weekend for PAX - a little nervous about the 220km trip (137 miles) in an SR+. Particularly as my 100% charge range displays ~367km (228 miles), a bit above the expected degradation for a sub-3-months-old car.

Probably just going to park it on a street for 4 days, then charge up at Lynnwood until I have enough to get across the border. Hopefully the missus won't be too annoyed with having to take a 15-30 minute break on the way up among the Monday night traffic.

Reactions: Potpourri
Planning a trip from Vancouver to Seattle this weekend for PAX - a little nervous about the 220km trip (137 miles) in an SR+. Particularly as my 100% charge range displays ~367km (228 miles), a bit above the expected degradation for a sub-3-months-old car.

Probably just going to park it on a street for 4 days, then charge up at Lynnwood until I have enough to get across the border. Hopefully the missus won't be too annoyed with having to take a 15-30 minute break on the way up among the Monday night traffic.

Have fun!

Here's a link to PSE's program. Was a bit hard to find. It's definitely different than it used to be. They just gave us a rebate. Looks like they're providing the hardware and installation now.

PSE | Up & Go Electric EV home charger program

How many amps service does that j1772 support, what are the specs? It must be some middle of the road amount, 30 or 40 amps. I have an older tesla s with dual chargers, I could support 80 amps but I would never expect mostly free installation and free charger to support the high end.

How many amps service does that j1772 support, what are the specs? It must be some middle of the road amount, 30 or 40 amps. I have an older tesla s with dual chargers, I could support 80 amps but I would never expect mostly free installation and free charger to support the high end.

It’s a juice box pro 40, so 40 amps max as I understand it. You might give them a call and see if it’s possible to do something else

It’s a juice box pro 40, so 40 amps max as I understand it. You might give them a call and see if it’s possible to do something else

I should do that; telsa would be a cheaper high power charger ;-) This random website quotes $900 for the 75 amp juicebox charger, and $579 for the one you listed. That's a generous offer of 75% of install price up to 2k plus the j1772. I have dreamed of a higher power charger but I don't think my existing electric panel could do more than 30 amps, without a new panel etc. But if they'd pay for that, it might be different ;-)

I checked with PSE. They install a Juicebox Pro 40. So, 40 amps max. I should also point out that they require your existing box to be up to code and inspected, otherwise they won’t come out. You get disqualified.

Ye
I should do that; telsa would be a cheaper high power charger ;-) This random website quotes $900 for the 75 amp juicebox charger, and $579 for the one you listed. That's a generous offer of 75% of install price up to 2k plus the j1772. I have dreamed of a higher power charger but I don't think my existing electric panel could do more than 30 amps, without a new panel etc. But if they'd pay for that, it might be different ;-)
apply and see what they say, I asked about a native Tesla plug, but that’s not available, and they use the juicebox because they monitor your power use via the Internet tubes, they seem open to install work even if extensive, but will only cover 75% of 2k. The guy I talked to said anything necessary above that was on me, but not disqualifying. So still might be a decent deal.

I looked at the PNW group's calendar and everything on it looks mostly Puget Sound region focused. Which makes some sense, Puget Sound has nearly half the population of the region. I have thought about some kind of drive event with a meet up between the Puget Sound group and Portland would be cool, but the halfway point on I-5 between Seattle and Portland has a supercharger, but not a whole lot in attractions as a destination.
Contact [email protected] if you'd like to be an events coordinator (or other role) in other parts of the PacNW for TOCPNW.

Seems like we have a solid Portland/OR representation. Where are all of the WA/Seattle and Idaho owners???

Maybe like me, they were off road tripping in their Tesla? On Aug 5, I was in the Bay Area, 12k road miles of the way through our circumnavigation of the USA. I'm thinking about a 3-day weekend road trip to nab a few more superchargers for the game. I want to take the Hanford tour and then fritter away a day in Portland visiting attractions (bait for my kids).

Reactions: jebinc
I checked with PSE. They install a Juicebox Pro 40. So, 40 amps max. I should also point out that they require your existing box to be up to code and inspected, otherwise they won’t come out. You get disqualified.

One reason I haven't installed higher power than my 120v outlet in the garage is that I suspect that the line to my house doesn't have enough amperage for 40 amps more. My panel was officially inspected so I'm good there. But if they'd pay to take care of all that I'd be interested. I should just check with them.