Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, it appears Elon has forgotten about his button promise. No mention of it for a while.

Speculation: I still wonder if maybe the button was a spontaneous thing by Elon. Fans on Twitter were begging for FSD Beta so Elon, wanting to please his fans, just thought "let's give it to everybody who wants it", without really thinking it through. I imagine that later when discussing it with the team, they realized a button would be premature. So Elon just dropped it. Or maybe it's another case of Elon being too optimistic, and thinking FSD Beta would be ready for wide deployment before it was?

Reactions: edseloh
“I think we will be feature complete, full self-driving, this year – meaning the car will be able to find you in a parking lot, pick you up and take you all the way to your destination without intervention, this year. I would say I am of certain of that. That is not a question mark.”

meanwhile, over two full years later…
Interpreting an OPINION ("I THINK") as a fact, or contractual obligation, is unwise.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
The Button actually makes no sense functionality-wise.

Those who've bought FSD will obviously want the beta available. There's no reason to add a button to download something that everyone wants by default.

Once Tesla is confident enough to widely release the beta, the button will probably just be a toggle in the Autopilot settings to enable City Streets beta.

• Funny
Reactions: Alset Srotom
i just wish Elon would Shut up and we can see it when we see it
Too late. That's like closing the barn door after all the horses have run off. For several years, Elon has manipulated Tesla buyers into buying "FSD" with statements of how it's already solved, how amazing it is and how the price will escalate to $100,000, etc., ect., ad nauseum. His blatant misrepresentations should be actionable. Where is the Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Consumer Protection?

Those who've bought FSD will obviously want the beta available. There's no reason to add a button to download something that everyone wants by default.

Once Tesla is confident enough to widely release the beta, the button will probably just be a toggle in the Autopilot settings to enable City Streets beta.
Well. I am not part of the "everyone" comment. :) I always wait quite a while before installing an update and at least 5 times in the last couple years, I ignored installing an update based on issues I have heard people talk about after installing an update. I will definitely do the same when seeing this major update come out. So more me it makes a lot of sense functionality wise as I don't want it to just happen automatically until I am ready to do it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KArnold

Well, there is probably additional legaleeze that goes with it it, possibly also agreeing to use the camera...

It would make sense for Tesla to announce the new FSD tonight while everyone is watching.

I'm prepared for disappointment though.
yea, I was hearing rumors about that last week, yet the way things have been going, perhaps you hear it is coming next week, and 4 months from now people will still be asking where is it :)