Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus energy and upgrading tails and meter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had any experience with getting Octopus energy to upgrade tails and / or the meter to support an upgraded main fuse (from 60a to 100a)? How amenable were they to it? How long did you have to wait for an engineer to come out?

Anyone had any experience with getting Octopus energy to upgrade tails and / or the meter to support an upgraded main fuse (from 60a to 100a)? How amenable were they to it? How long did you have to wait for an engineer to come out?

I had my meter tails "upgraded" by Octopus. No fuss at all, one call to book it. Mine was pre-Covid so wouldn't want to use that as a benchmark for how quick they could do it. Was weeks.

The increased load to 100a you will need to contact your local DNO.

You have your location as Woking so my guess is the DNO is UK Power Networks.

Fuse upgrade | UK Power Networks

Nice one, thanks.

Yeah, I've spoken to the DNO and they're coming over in a few weeks so we're currently mid the upgrade journey. I'm thinking about taking advantage of the Octopus £100 referral offer (sorry, we've already got a referral link!) and wondering whether to upgrade it before and lose out on the extra £50 or get Octopus to do it.

Nice one, thanks.

Yeah, I've spoken to the DNO and they're coming over in a few weeks so we're currently mid the upgrade journey. I'm thinking about taking advantage of the Octopus £100 referral offer (sorry, we've already got a referral link!) and wondering whether to upgrade it before and lose out on the extra £50 or get Octopus to do it.

Get Octopus out to do it ;).

They are their own Meter Asset Maintainer (MAM) so are usually pretty quick (pre covid speaking).

Reactions: NewbieT