Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

no LTE for 2.5 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
God damn! Is this a thing now? How can the LTE module break? Maybe the heat from the car?

Man I hope they replace yours soon. What is the point of the mobile service if they can't do anything.

Yeh it's a thing. They showed me the part afterwards. Definitely behind the MCU. It's the same part they do to retrofit 3G to LTE. They said out of warranty it would cost me $500, same as the upgrade would cost if I had an older gen Tesla.

UPDATE:

I got my car back. Was in the shop around 2 days. According to the invoice it said Connectivity Board (with GYRO Board) was faulty. They replaced it. Unfortunately while fixing it, they also broke the wood trim on the dash. Tesla service needs to be less "rough" on these cars are more gentle. Now I am waiting for a ranger next week to replace the wood trim.

Just got my S back from the SC, they replaced the MCU (and oddly, the touch screen), to fix the LTE issue. LTE is back, but they also took my matte screen protector. Wow, the screen is so much sharper without it! (hah) We'll see how long I can stand all the fingerprints before I put another one on there.

Really odd that it appears so many LTE modules are going out. One would think it's a software issue, but several folks have required hardware replacements. Maybe there was a solar flare we didn't know about? :)

Just got my S back from the SC, they replaced the MCU (and oddly, the touch screen), to fix the LTE issue. LTE is back, but they also took my matte screen protector. Wow, the screen is so much sharper without it! (hah) We'll see how long I can stand all the fingerprints before I put another one on there.

Glad that they took care of the situation. I've always thought about putting on a screen protector.

Really odd that it appears so many LTE modules are going out. One would think it's a software issue, but several folks have required hardware replacements. Maybe there was a solar flare we didn't know about? :)
mine went out 2 weeks ago. the SC ordered the LTE module and I am awaiting its arrival.

Yeah I am not sure if we are just isolated issues, but yeah the burnt out is kinda annoying. Now I am waiting for the wood trim and leather since they damaged it while taking apart the car...