Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
050E742F-E637-4CA4-8B90-887EA85CE6BA.jpeg
I have something similar. I was able to install the usb drive.

I can enable the dash cam but sentry mode is grayed out. I tried formatting the USB from the car. No change. I also rebooted.

I have a new Y running 2020.28.6. Tried putting some music on a 128Gb flash drive in a Music folder and a separate TeslaCam folder. This morning I tried to listen for the first time and found NO USB icon. Read this forum. Went down to the car and mysteriously the USB icon was there and music played just fine. No software change during the day today. So I'm thinking maybe an intermittent, bad connection issue??

I have just (with difficulty) partitioned the USB flash drive into two partitions. One for TeslaCam and one for Music. Hoping that will work, but still suspicious Tesla has some wiring or hub issues or a software bug. Will keep you posted.

Followup: Apparent success! Unless intermittent is to blame. I had originally formatted the 128GB drive in the car with the help of the Tesla salesperson and I placed two folders in that one partition. ExFAT seems to be allowed which is contrary to the manual. I now had my dashcam icon appear! So I think the solution is to use one flash drive with two partitions, exFAT is fine (allows for file sizes greater than 4GB). Make one partition TeslaCam and the other Music. Enjoy the ride...

Still having this problem after buying new SD card, reformatting all different ways suggested here and there is power to the USB in the car. Dash cam icon went intermittent then just stopped one day a month or so ago. When I brought it in Tesla said they tested it and it worked for them. Anyone here suggest an micro SD - USB adapter that is best? That’s the only thing I haven’t replaced but it works on my computer so I don’t think it’s that.

thank you!