Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X Yoke?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Yoke.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
I recently took delivery of a Model X and put in a service request to swap steering from round to yoke as I Just took round for tax credit reasons and this was the response I received. Interesting to see if Yoke is replaced to be more like the Cybertruck Yoke.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
reddit post
Reddit knows less than we do and seems to make up a lot. Look at this TMC post for real info.

Last edited:
Reddit knows less than we do and seems to make up a lot. Look at this TMC post for real info.
What are you on about? The reddit post is referencing greentheonly's tweet which is the exact same source that thread is also getting info from :rolleyes:

Tesla: Here's a < $80k model.
Also Tesla: here's a $2,000 "steering wheel fix" *wink *wink to make your car usable.

I have a 2023X and the turn signals, wiper, and horn buttons are dangerous and asinine.
Something a 9 year would do, for a 'race car' and on a 'race car, on a race car track' they'd be just fine. It's not innovated. It's total crap. These cars exist in this little place called "real world".

Tesla: Here's a < $80k model.
Also Tesla: here's a $2,000 "steering wheel fix" *wink *wink to make your car usable.

I have a 2023X and the turn signals, wiper, and horn buttons are dangerous and asinine.
Something a 9 year would do, for a 'race car' and on a 'race car, on a race car track' they'd be just fine. It's not innovated. It's total crap. These cars exist in this little place called "real world".
So your not a fan of the Yoke? lol

... but put back the stalks!
Agreed. The F/R swipe isn't so bad, (on S/X, but off road (CyberTruck) it would be a joke/awful) But the PRND stalk on the 3/Y is 10x better by being what's been used for 100 years now. It's FINE.

The turn signals and wipers NEED to be on the left stalk. It's awful. The auto wiper's work 1% of the time (if that), so you use your right hand to hit the wiper button (after searching for it, and crashing into the car in front of you), Then you need to use your left hand to scroll to the correct wiper setting, causing you to side-swipe another car because you were mid turn and the turn signal buttons are upside down!

I can't believe how hard someone must have worked to screw up something so simple. It must have taken HOURS and HOURS of work. Then you add on the hours of backtracking needed to just admit what anyone who's owned a car more than 5 minutes would know. It. was. better. before.

Agreed. The F/R swipe isn't so bad, (on S/X, but off road (CyberTruck) it would be a joke/awful) But the PRND stalk on the 3/Y is 10x better by being what's been used for 100 years now. It's FINE.

The turn signals and wipers NEED to be on the left stalk. It's awful. The auto wiper's work 1% of the time (if that), so you use your right hand to hit the wiper button (after searching for it, and crashing into the car in front of you), Then you need to use your left hand to scroll to the correct wiper setting, causing you to side-swipe another car because you were mid turn and the turn signal buttons are upside down!

I can't believe how hard someone must have worked to screw up something so simple. It must have taken HOURS and HOURS of work. Then you add on the hours of backtracking needed to just admit what anyone who's owned a car more than 5 minutes would know. It. was. better. before.

I agree.

It's the turn signal I'm going to miss the most. How do you hit a turn signal button while in the process of turning the yoke? It's a moving target. Stupid idea.