Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2020 20-inch Model X Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tps5352

Supporting Member
I just purchased (in person) what appear to be two brand new Model X tires from "Random Goods," 29300 Pacific Street, Hayward, CA 94544 (south of Oakland; SF Bay Area of California, USA). They have more available; they are listed on eBay, (New Continental Tires) and can be shipped. I am not a tire expert, but as near as I can tell these have all the characteristics of being new, unused Model X front tires from 2020 (see photos):
  • Continental Cross Contact LX Sport model
  • Characteristic red dot (lightest point on tire)
  • "Inside" and "Outside" sidewalls
  • M+S (mud and snow rated)
  • Size/rating: 265 / 45R20 108V XL
  • Radial & tubeless (of course)
  • Made in Portugal
  • Tesla-approved "T0" symbol. (Other car makers may use use this tire brand/model/size, albeit with different ratings and sidewall designations.)
  • Maximum load: 2205 lbs.
  • DOT manufacturing date: 38th week of 2020
  • Conti Silent version (with acoustic foam)
  • Colored ink lines around circumference of the tread (which I trust indicates no usage)
  • Characteristic ~9/32" (new) tread depth
They are stored on a wooden pallet. I believe that after my purchase they have 10 more identical (slight date differences) tires--all the same size (so all front tires). This business specializes in buying and selling new and used laboratory equipment, but they acquire other kinds of things. They also had some nice-looking Tesla rims--maybe 21” and 19”? (One 19" rim was damaged, but the others looked fairly new, but with signs of storage.) I only had a quick look but they may be darker Slipstream versions in the two size; so maybe for Model S? They also have used front touch screens, maybe one for Models S/X and one for Models 3/Y?

This is my first experience with this Bay Area company. They are normally open Monday-Friday, 10:30 am to 4:30 PM. Hopefully the tires are OK (and not defective). I didn't notice any defects on tread, sidewalls, foam, and beads. But as always, use appropriate caution. My business with them is complete. I'm just passing this info along in case anyone else can benefit from what I hope is a good deal (I paid $500 for two). Unfortunately, they did not have tires in the 2020 Model X rear size (275/45R20 110V XL). But perhaps this tire size is good for any Model X cars that happen to have four wheels all the same size?

You can send the company a message via eBay. Ask for Omar, one of the employees. He was helpful. I imagine they will be motivated to liquidate the remaining Tesla tires, as they are not their normal merchandise.

IMG_2887.JPG IMG_2888.JPG IMG_2889.JPG IMG_2890.JPG IMG_2892.JPG IMG_2893.JPG IMG_2903.JPG IMG_2909.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Jersey50
I just purchased what appear to be two brand new Model X tires from "Random Goods," 29300 Pacific Street, Hayward, CA 94544 (south of Oakland; SF Bay Area of California, USA). They have more available; they are listed on eBay, (New Continental Tires) and can be shipped. I am not a tire expert, but as near as I an tell these have all the characteristics of being new (albeit last year's), unused Model X front tires from 2020 (see photos):
  • Continental Cross Contact LX Sport model
  • Characteristic red dot (lightest point on tire)
  • "Inside" and "Outside" sidewalls (so characteristic tread is directional)
  • M+S (mud and snow rated)
  • Size/rating: 265 / 45R20 108V XL
  • Radial & tubeless (of course)
  • Made in Portugal
  • "TO" indication (Does that stand for "Tesla Original" tire? Some Mercedes use this brand/model/size, but with different tire ratings, I think.)
  • Maximum load: 2205 lbs.
  • DOT manufacturing date: 38th week of 2020
  • Conti Silent version (with acoustic foam)
  • Colored ink lines around circumference of the tread (which I trust indicates no usage)
  • Characteristic ~9/32" (new) tread depth
They are stored on a wooden pallet. I believe that after my purchase they have 10 more identical (slight date differences) tires--all the same size (so all front tires). This business specializes in buying and selling new and used laboratory equipment, but they acquire other kinds of things. They also had some nice-looking Tesla rims--maybe 21” and 19”? (One 19" rim was damaged, but the others looked fairly new, but with signs of storage.) I only had a quick look but they may be darker Slipstream versions in the two size; so maybe for Model S? They also have used front touch screens, maybe one for Models S/X and one for Models 3/Y?

This is my first experience with this Bay Area company. They are normally open Monday-Friday, 10:30 am to 4:30 PM. Hopefully the tires are OK (and not defective). I didn't notice any defects on tread, sidewalls, foam, and beads. But as always, use appropriate caution. My business with them is complete. I'm just passing this info along in case anyone else can benefit from what I hope is a good deal (I paid $500 for two). Unfortunately, they did not have tires in the Model X rear size (275/45R20 110V XL).

You can send a message via eBay. Ask for Omar, one of the employees. He was helpful. I imagine they will be motivated to liquidate the remaining Tesla tires, as they are not their normal merchandise.

View attachment 707854 View attachment 707860 View attachment 707861 View attachment 707862 View attachment 707863 View attachment 707864 View attachment 707865 View attachment 707866
Very cool of you to share this info! Hopefully someone can benefit from it!

Very cool of you to share this info! Hopefully someone can benefit from it!

Thanks! I just hope my "bargain" doesn't turn out to be a waste of money. As far as I can see, these are the right Continental front tires for (a ~2020) Model X.

I also found what I thought is some matching rear Model X tires (275 / 45R20 110V) on eBay--same brand, model, "TO" designations, etc.--located in Utah. Seller will ship and may be willing to sell two at a time.

NEW CONTINENTAL CROSS CONTACT LX SPORT TESLA TO TIRES

I was going to make an offer, but these tires lack the internal "Conti Silent" acoustic foam layer. So theoretically, they are noisier (if you believe that the foam actually works).

Annoying how many different variations of tires manufacturers offer. I believe that some Mercedes come with similar Continental tires (maybe same model and size, and with sound foam), but they have different load or speed ratings.

Thanks! I just hope my "bargain" doesn't turn out to be a waste of money. As far as I can see, these are the right Continental front tires for (a ~2020) Model X.

I also found what I thought is some matching rear Model X tires (275 / 45R20 110V) on eBay--same brand, model, "TO" designations, etc.--located in Utah. Seller will ship and may be willing to sell two at a time.

NEW CONTINENTAL CROSS CONTACT LX SPORT TESLA TO TIRES

I was going to make an offer, but these tires lack the internal "Conti Silent" acoustic foam layer. So theoretically, they are noisier (if you believe that the foam actually works).

Annoying how many different variations of tires manufacturers offer. I believe that some Mercedes come with similar Continental tires (maybe same model and size, and with sound foam), but they have different load or speed ratings.
Yeah it truly is amazing how many different tires they have out there. Best of luck to you!