Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

need help identifying possible vandalism on paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's great!

Just be careful. Every time you polish, you are going to remove some clear coat. You want to use the least abrasive compound and pad that you can. Tons of YouTube videos out there. AmmoNYC has good videos
Videos | AMMO AUTO CARE INC.

If you are going for a machine, the Ruppes or Flex are much better than the Griot's (much more powerful).
will definitely keep this in mind, thanks. what about waxing, is that abrasive at all? or pretty safe to do many times?

Waxing and sealants (as a general rule) do not have abrasive properties. However there are some polisher/wax combo products, so just be careful and read the label (these are generally mass market products like turtle wax).

Sealants will last much longer than waxes, but waxes give a warmer glow. Most people will place a sealant and then layer a wax on top if they want that warmer look.

The consumer ceramic coating products are very good and will last a long time (years). However, I wouldn't do this until you get some experience and equipment.

These guys have a lot of products and a pretty good forum.
https://www.autogeek.net

Last edited:
Reactions: xanatos
That's great!

Just be careful. Every time you polish, you are going to remove some clear coat. You want to use the least abrasive compound and pad that you can. Tons of YouTube videos out there. AmmoNYC has good videos
Videos | AMMO AUTO CARE INC.

If you are going for a machine, the Ruppes or Flex are much better than the Griot's (much more powerful).
Have you ever tried a Cyclo? I love my Flex, but the Cyclo is incredibly smooth.