Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Advice on purchasing and replacing Tesla Model Y rear bumper.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I accidentally backed my car into a concrete pillar and caused some damage to my rear bumper. The damage appears to have only affected half of the tail light as well the rear bumper. The trunk appears unaffected and opens and closes properly still. I was looking at replacing the rear bumper myself because I imagine the bumper is beyond repair and was going to purchase a pre painted one from Tesla. I was also looking into buying a replacement half of the tail light. I'm not too concerned about the paint not matching perfectly but was wondering if anyone has had experience doing the replacement themselves and how difficult it would be or if it would be better to get it done at a shop. Anyone have an idea of how much it would cost as well?
IMG_7220.jpg

Ouch....but if you're removing your rear bumper, you'll have to uninstall the rear tail light as well. It's pretty simply....there are plenty of youtube videos on how to remove the rear bumper.

Good luck....I hope you're able to find replacement parts.