Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the MY with AB but when I mash the fast pedal there is no torque steer.

When I do the same on the fast handlegrip on the bike the front wheel removes itself from the tarmac. 😜
Just for clarity, I'm not talking about talk steer - I mean when your on the motorway doing 70 - you can't just rest your arm on the window and one hand it - when you do it feels like you have to steer left and right constantly.

Just for clarity, I'm not talking about talk steer - I mean when your on the motorway doing 70 - you can't just rest your arm on the window and one hand it - when you do it feels like you have to steer left and right constantly.
Not something I have noticed cruising at 80 although, I may do it unconsciously; our roads surface tends to induce some wander.

Just had the alcantara dash and swivel mount fitted by rs symons today. Sooooo good…them and the bits. Dash looks so much better than the tree.
Hi Flemingo. Did you manage to find a swivel mount specifically for a rhd car. I have found that most mounts offset the screen to the right to suit lhd cars. That results in a poor view of the right side of the screen for RHD cars. Also the screen can come in contact with the indicator stalk. Many suppliers say their product suits either but they are telling fibs. I am looking at the Hansshow website where they offer the choice but when I questioned them they said they are the same.

Hi Flemingo. Did you manage to find a swivel mount specifically for a rhd car. I have found that most mounts offset the screen to the right to suit lhd cars. That results in a poor view of the right side of the screen for RHD cars. Also the screen can come in contact with the indicator stalk. Many suppliers say their product suits either but they are telling fibs. I am looking at the Hansshow website where they offer the choice but when I questioned them they said they are the same.
Did you find anything.. Iv not had much joy trying to track a swivel mount down

Sorry to revive this old thread, I'm trying to get an ALA Tyre and Alloy wheel insurance (yes, those darn inductions) but it says the tyre limit claim is £125 and the alloy is £150, are these amounts really enough to cover the repair if I scrape a kerb? Also, the policy document says:

In the event that an Alloy Wheel is damaged beyond repair, We will contribute a maximum of£150 including VAT towards the cost of a replacement.
Fingers-crossed I never have to claim but it's only been three days I'm driving it...

Sorry to revive this old thread, I'm trying to get an ALA Tyre and Alloy wheel insurance (yes, those darn inductions) but it says the tyre limit claim is £125 and the alloy is £150, are these amounts really enough to cover the repair if I scrape a kerb? Also, the policy document says:

In the event that an Alloy Wheel is damaged beyond repair, We will contribute a maximum of£150 including VAT towards the cost of a replacement.
Fingers-crossed I never have to claim but it's only been three days I'm driving it...
A new tyre is going to cost £200+ so it will help contribute, not fully cover the cost. An alloy refurb should be sub £100 per wheel so that one should be ok.

If you actually needed a new wheel then you might be looking at claiming on your main insurance (assuming it isn't pothole damage or you can't claim on the local council), as a new alloy is going to be around £1,000 from Tesla.

This type of insurance is really just for scuffs and scrapes.

Reactions: km4ch81