Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Q

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note that a Homelink unit is $350 installed, if you want to go that route. It can be installed by a mobile tech. The Homelink units are currently out of stock, but that could change by the time you get your car.
I bought Tesla Homelink units on eBay for about $200 each and installed them myself in my 2 MYs. Takes about 30 minutes or less. There are plenty of videos on Youtube that explain how to do it.

Homelink in my Model 3 was much easier to use than MyQ in my Model Y. Homelink opened all garage doors and my gate. MyQ, Chamberlain, opens my garage doors, but not my Chamberlin gate opener. I have to have the remote in the car, which I don't want, or stop and open the MyQ app on my phone to open the gate. Poorly implemented, must be a third party involved.

I bought Tesla Homelink units on eBay for about $200 each and installed them myself in my 2 MYs. Takes about 30 minutes or less. There are plenty of videos on Youtube that explain how to do it.
Initially I didn’t like the idea of installing hardware so I went for the myQ subscription but will rethink that after experiencing the worst possible outcome.

tesla has removed the diy homelink option again. who knows if it will come back.

I don't use auto close either. I don't trust it 100%. I do use auto open but my opener will only open if the door is closed. it isn't a toggle like most remotes.