Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO (2-yr Warrenty) Experience - Reserved On First Day of New Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I'm new to the Tesla family; long-time reader, first time poster.

I reserved my 2013 Model S P85+ on the first evening of the new 2-year warranty CPO program for cars with higher mileage, and thought I'd share my delivery experience:

First, my car specs:
Silver Metallic Paint
Sun roof
21" Grey Performance Plus Wheels
Black Performance Interior
Obeche Wood Matte Decor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Free Supercharging
Twin Chargers
Tech Package
Active Air Suspension
Sound Studio Package
Rear Facing Seats
Performance Plus Package

There was a whopping 68,800 miles on it and the price came in at $47,000.

While the miles scarred me, it was within my price point and I only plan to have the car for the two years it's under warrently, so I quickly pulled the trigger and anxiously awaited.

Ill leave out info on the administrative stuff, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

In preparation for the delivery day, I scoured these very forums to learn what to expect and what I should be checking on the car.

Two days prior to delivery, I asked Tesla to have their inspection checklist, alignment specs, and due bill form ready for me when I arrived. I decided to bring my Dad with me to help me look over the car as his attention to detail is better than mine, and I was worried I'd be too excited and forget to look over everything.

On the day of delivery, we arrived about 30 minutes early and entered the show room and sat down. After about 10 minutes (shocked it took this long) somebody came up to us and asked if we were here for a test drive - once I said I was here to take delivery the tone changed, multiple people came and introduced themselves and everybody was suddenly really nice/accommodating.

They did not have the items I requested ready for me, but I eventually got the checklist although I did not get alignment specs.

Through checking out the car, a few things were added to the due bill:
1. Missing spoiler (not sure how that happened).
2. Sun roof only opening to about 66%.
Discovered right after taking delivery:
3. Brake pedal loose.
4. Tire pressure sensors.
5. Screens keep freezing.

I know this sounds like a lot, but I was still extremely impressed with the car (as was my dad). Literally could find no signs of wear, inside or out. Not even a small rock chip or any issues with the paint or seats. Couldn't believe it considering the miles. Also, they put on 4 brand new tires, and a bunch of other new stuff I can't remember.

4 days after taking delivery I brought it back to fix the issues above and was given a loaner non-Tesla for two days (didn't know I needed to request a Tesla loaner in advance - won't make that mistake again).

Now, as of yesterday, I have my car back and everything is perfect minus a slight rattle when I release the break peddle, but I won't worry about that until I have a few other reasons to take it back in for Service.

All in all, I think I lucked out just not with the quality of this highly used S, but also with the price, as my research shows comparable CPO's now going for about 10k more than I paid. Guess it paid off to buy on the first day of the 2-yr warranty CPO program.

If you want anymore specifics, please ask away - happy to have join the Tesla Fam!

Nate

Reactions: ada43952
Hi All,

Ill leave out info on the administrative stuff, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

In preparation for the delivery day, I scoured these very forums to learn what to expect and what I should be checking on the car.
Two days prior to delivery, I asked Tesla to have their inspection checklist, alignment specs,..
They did not have the items I requested ready for me, but I eventually got the checklist although I did not get alignment specs.

If you want anymore specifics, please ask away - happy to have join the Tesla Fam!

Nate

I've bought 3 Model S's now never heard of alignment specs. What's alignment specs and why do you think that would make any difference?

I've bought 3 Model S's now never heard of alignment specs. What's alignment specs and why do you think that would make any difference?

It was recommended by somebody on a thread. Basically, I just wanted to ensure the wheels were checked for proper alignment before taking delivery. Usually, they would have been able to pull the specs for me to quickly look over - but since I took delivery on a Saturday they weren't able to pull them (this is why I asked them to do it two days before I took delivery).

It would have made a difference if not properly aligned because then more tire-wear than necessary would be occurring. I read lots of CPO horror stories so was just trying to be as safe as possible.

In this case, they ended up putting on 4-new tires - so I was not worried about alignment since I could be fairly certain they wouldn't put new tires on without checking alignment.

Hi All,

I reserved my 2013 Model S P85+ on the first evening of the new 2-year warranty CPO program for cars with higher mileage, and thought I'd share my delivery experience:

First, my car specs:
Silver Metallic Paint
Sun roof
21" Grey Performance Plus Wheels
Black Performance Interior
Obeche Wood Matte Decor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Free Supercharging
Twin Chargers
Tech Package
Active Air Suspension
Sound Studio Package
Rear Facing Seats
Performance Plus Package

There was a whopping 68,800 miles on it and the price came in at $47,000.

Nate

Glad to hear your experience was overall good. Like I mentioned in another thread, I got basically the same car, except Metallic blue with tan interior, 65K miles, and $47.5K. Hoping our delivery goes as well as yours did...and soon. Ordered on 6/8.