Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Maintenance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m curious how people are handling the revised (lower) maintenance requirements? Took delivery of my 75D mid-2018 and I will put about 20k miles on the car per year. From what I can tell the key items are:

* Mid 2020: Service for brake fluid and A/C desiccant replacement
* Mid 2021: Change HEPA filter
* Every 10-12k miles (for me every 6 months): Rotate tires - are people doing this?
* Ongoing: Check tire wear (used to be with ICE car I did not check too often since service intervals would cover)

I have just over 81,000 km on my car now. I have taken it in 3 times in 3 1/2 years of ownership - one of those visits was to replace the 12V battery, the others were at 40,000 and 80,000 for preventative maintenance. I was expecting to do brake fluid on the last visit, but was told the brake fluid was fine. About all that has been actually done to the car in terms of maintenance is changing the cabin air filter and A/C desiccant, replacing wiper blades, filling wiper fluid, and lubricating the brake calipers/pistons. No battery coolant change needed, no brake fluid change or top-off needed, none of the other stuff that used to be in the recommended maintenance interval schedule. I haven't even had to rotate tires in the past 30,000 km - I took it in to a shop to do it, but they looked at it and told me it wasn't needed and I've just been watching the wear myself since.

I don't have the HEPA filter so I can't speak to that one.

I specifically asked them to inspect suspension components for signs of wear or looseness, but everything has been rock-solid suspension-wise.

It really is amazing how little maintenance is required on these things.