Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Thats a quick response, compared with some of the other vendors on here, thats lovely to see. No issues with rubbing for those titan 7 wheels on an inch drop? Its the M3 Performance, so already slightly lower than the "off road" standard range.. ;) So it sounds like the comfort would work - what about a couple of track days per year, not quite stiff enough - do you have a *medium* spring rate, not like rocks for tracks (this will be set up eventually as a track car) or do you think the hybrid would meet that need? The standard springs already lean a disconcerting amount when pressing on in the performance. Never quite sure if the tyres are folding under the girth of the battery pack or what...

In your case where you think you will get more and more into track days, you can go with the Hybrid Setup, and when you find our outdriving those springs we can provide you with the Sports springs to swap in. We answer emails even faster too since we don't have to check for notifications on the forum!

Agree! Been loving my car a lot more once the Sports went on.

Plus one on all that!

I have to say the car is maybe more comfortable? I know that sounds strange especially since I have the shocks set a little firmer than they recommend for the street but the car's ride control is really better with none of the original mild pitching and pogoing that the stock car sometimes displays under certain challenging circumstances. Don't get me wrong - a performance model 3 is a really good riding car and strikes - for a stock suspension - a really good ride / handling balance but with the MPP sports coilovers, the handling is significantly better and the ride is also better. I also picked up some ride compliance with the addition of forged wheels from Vertini (VS 14), and I'm looking forward to putting the 265 / 30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on the front. At that point I'll be struggling to find anything else I can tweak. Oh wait a minute there's that neat MPP front camber arm! I almost forgot about that! Hah! :D:D

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Skione65
Anyone has the weight of MPP Front and Rear suspension vs stock?

MPP is ~2 lbs lighter than the front per side. Weight at the back is tricky because you can get actually a lightweight aluminum A arm that saves 12 pounds, but I don't know what the stock sport coilover saves without that special aluminum A-arm, which is not part of the stock coilovers.

Our comfort coilovers are designed for someone who wants a smooth ride, but who also cares about performance and wants to lower their car. It is not a suspension product to make your Model 3 ride like a Cadillac. If that is what you want, we'd be happy to look into a solution so please email us.

Perhaps there is room for another line for those that want to stay closer to OE height and just have maximum comfort. We're not opposed to that!

Yes, do it!

For those of us that are getting old, and still have rough riding sports cars in the garage to claim we are cool, but want a comfortable daily driver, what would you suggest? I am thinking a soft spring matched with adjustable shocks to be able to dial in the ride to our own taste.

Can you mix the Comfort Coilover springs with adjustable Sports dampers?

I can tell that Tesla purchased dampers from the lowest bidder. I don't think there's a lower quality damper in an OEM car today, so I am very interested in upgrading the suspension before I kneejerk trade in my M3 for a car with a quality suspension.

Yes, do it!

For those of us that are getting old, and still have rough riding sports cars in the garage to claim we are cool, but want a comfortable daily driver, what would you suggest? I am thinking a soft spring matched with adjustable shocks to be able to dial in the ride to our own taste.

Can you mix the Comfort Coilover springs with adjustable Sports dampers?

I can tell that Tesla purchased dampers from the lowest bidder. I don't think there's a lower quality damper in an OEM car today, so I am very interested in upgrading the suspension before I kneejerk trade in my M3 for a car with a quality suspension.

You certainly can, we call it our hybrid setup!

You certainly can, we call it our hybrid setup!

From what I have been reading, including posts by MountainPass, it looks like there's more to it.

- Your ride adjustable sport dampeners are harder riding than your comfort dampeners even on the lowest setting...Not good for people like me.

- Your comfort dampeners ride harder if you set them to leave the car at factory ride height...Not good for people like me.

So what do you have for max comfort AND quality of ride without lowering? The stock M3 isn't too harsh for me on surface roads, but the dampeners are super low quality and the suspension just behaves very poorly at 70+mph with the pogoing that others have described.

The M2 a horrible ride for a 4,000lb car. And I get that other people have come from really crappy cars, so anything new is an upgrade for them, but I am coming from a 4,000lb Jaguar XF that had a very sporty suspension but was just incredible at smooth cruising and taking bumps with such grace and poise. There wasn't anything fancy my XF dampeners or spring setup - i.e. no air spring or electronically adjustable dampening. And I had the same 19" wheel diameter on the Jag.

Since the M3 is the same weight, and has nice link setups, I would think it should be able to ride as well as the Jag changing to the right springs and dampeners.

Last edited:
They are coming soon
Fantastic. For real, magawd. Please.

@TLLMRRJ All the feels man, I agree. I had an F Type R. The ride was.... legitimately frankly amazing. If no one knows what grace and pace means, they need to ride in a fast Jag once in their life to see what amazing chassis tuning can be. Fast Jags know flow better than any other manufacturer I have been blessed to ride in.

Im checking out the Ohlins kit with Redwood Motorsports, that might get close in terms of .... richness of feel and beautiful damping while still being in control at attack speeds

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Fantastic. For real, magawd. Please.

@TLLMRRJ All the feels man, I agree. I had an F Type R. The ride was.... legitimately frankly amazing. If no one knows what grace and pace means, they need to ride in a fast Jag once in their life to see what amazing chassis tuning can be. Fast Jags know flow better than any other manufacturer I have been blessed to ride in.

Im checking out the Ohlins kit with Redwood Motorsports, that might get close in terms of .... richness of feel and beautiful damping while still being in control at attack speeds

Ohlins sound interesting. Please keep us posted!