Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold Mountain Pass Performance Comfort Adjustable Coiloves for Tesla Model 3 AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a set of the Mountain Pass Performance "Comfort Adjustable Coilovers" on my Tesla Model 3 AWD Long Range. They're a big improvement to the stock suspension in terms of comfort - the firmest setting is slightly more comfortable than stock, and much more controlled. The softest setting is what I've been running and it's a nice improvement to the daily driving manners.

The ride height is also adjustable, so you can use these to lower the suspension. At maximum height, these have the same height as a Model 3 Performance, which is a bit lower than the Model 3 Long Range.

I've had them on for about 5,000 miles, and I like them a lot. However, I am trading in the Model 3 for a Model Y, so I won't be using these much longer.

These retail for $2,740 with another few hundred in tax and shipping. I'm starting the ask at $1999, but willing to entertain offers.

Retail link for full description, installation steps: Comfort Adjustable Coilovers for Tesla Model 3 AWD/Performance

Note: these are currently installed on the car. I have a removal appointment scheduled for April 6th and should have them available on April 7th. I *may* have them available sooner if I can find a quicker appointment - Tesla is delivering my Model Y in late March instead of May-June they initially guessed, so I've got a bit of a time crunch on my hands.

I'm located in Parker, CO. I'm willing to ship, but buyer will pay the cost to ship. If buyer wants to use Paypal with Buyer Protection then they'll need to add the 3% fee.

EDIT:

These are sold

Last edited:
Another update: the shop confused "clockwise" and "counter clockwise" for adjustment and I've actually been running thiese *full stiff* and not full soft!!

The shop initially set them up at the halfway point, and I adjusted them to full soft myself. They told me they *also* adjusted to full soft after an adjustment of height, but they must have messed that up, as I just had them removed and they're set to full stiff now.

Now that the car is riding stock again (late '22, with comfort suspension), I can provide a more direct comparison of "full stiff" vs "stock":

- Full stiff is slightly more comfortable than the stock "comfort" suspension
- Handling is significantly more precise feeling (though this may also be because I removed the 1.75" MPP lift kit)

I'm kicking myself for not double checking the shop's work. I had to bring it in three times when installing due to miscommunication with the ride height and installation settings. I only thought to check this now because they initially forgot to give me back two of the MPP lift kit spacers.

If it weren't >$1k to change this out, I'd be tempted to put them back on, *actually* in full soft, and do comparisons...

2023-04-17 09.45.56.jpg
2023-04-17 09.45.54.jpg

Two pictures of them taken off

Also going to be selling the lift kit and camber arms. Happy to do a package deal if anyone's interested