Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y will can not find Wi-Fi until reboot.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just recently got my 2023 Model Y Performance. When I click on the Wi-Fi switch to search for Wi-Fi it isn’t picking up no Wi-Fi in my area. Once I do a reset of the vehicle (pressing the 2 buttons) after system boots back up it connects to my Wi-Fi. And when I leave home, and I know I’m out of range of my Wi-Fi it stills shows connected and if I try to do any voice commands Ex “navigate To Tesla” I get an connection error. I’m sure it’s because I’m out of range of my Wi-Fi. A few miles down the road it will finally switch over to the cellular data, LTE. Then when I return home it will not reconnect to Wi-Fi. If I click on Wi-Fi, once again it will not find any networks until I reboot the vehicle. Please help…

Just recently got my 2023 Model Y Performance. When I click on the Wi-Fi switch to search for Wi-Fi it isn’t picking up no Wi-Fi in my area. Once I do a reset of the vehicle (pressing the 2 buttons) after system boots back up it connects to my Wi-Fi. And when I leave home, and I know I’m out of range of my Wi-Fi it stills shows connected and if I try to do any voice commands Ex “navigate To Tesla” I get an connection error. I’m sure it’s because I’m out of range of my Wi-Fi. A few miles down the road it will finally switch over to the cellular data, LTE. Then when I return home it will not reconnect to Wi-Fi. If I click on Wi-Fi, once again it will not find any networks until I reboot the vehicle. Please help…
Open a trouble ticket. Perhaps you just need a software update? Once you open the trouble ticket and schedule service, call Tesla. Perhaps they can remote into your vehicle and see the problem?

Upvote 0