Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model Y Tow package and hitch out of stock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously? Tesla will not put their software on a third party hitch. Their Tow Package is sold out at least in Colorado. I have read the car is safer towing with the software package so I don’t really want to go Third party. Any idea when this kind of thing would get back in stock?

Seriously? Tesla will not put their software on a third party hitch. Their Tow Package is sold out at least in Colorado. I have read the car is safer towing with the software package so I don’t really want to go Third party. Any idea when this kind of thing would get back in stock?
Generally takes a few weeks. Just look at the site daily or whenever you launch a browser, it'll eventually be in stock. Probably a large spring rush.

I've done that with a bunch of different items on Tesla.com that have run out.

Reactions: Brimine
Generally takes a few weeks. Just look at the site daily or whenever you launch a browser, it'll eventually be in stock. Probably a large spring rush.

I've done that with a bunch of different items on Tesla.com that have run out.
Thank you so much for the response!!! I just bought a small teardrop camper and it’s going to be delivered 4/29 so I was thinking if Tesla is out for months there goes plans out the window! Thanks so much for responding.

May also contact Service Center and see if they can work some miracles for you. Create a service request.
Agree with this. I was not really in need of the tow hitch immediately so I didnt mind just glancing at the site every day or so, but if you really need it, I'd definitely contact the service center. If its close by, I'd even go there in person., not sure that would do you any better, but it certainly wouldnt be worse.

For what its worth, when I finally ordered mine it took about 1 week to get it delivered to Tesla and installed.

Reactions: Brimine
Agree with this. I was not really in need of the tow hitch immediately so I didnt mind just glancing at the site every day or so, but if you really need it, I'd definitely contact the service center. If its close by, I'd even go there in person., not sure that would do you any better, but it certainly wouldnt be worse.

For what its worth, when I finally ordered mine it took about 1 week to get it delivered to Tesla and installed.
I will see if I can stop by, it used to be that you could call the service center directly but now they have made it so hard. I get it, but if I set a service appointment and it’s only a question will they charge me?

****update 3/7 I was checking every couple of hours and was able to order the tow package…. Yay! So thank you for all the replies!

I ordered a Model YLR with the tow hitch 3 weeks ago but haven't even received a VIN let alone a delivery date. Is there a current shortage that anyone knows about? Maybe I change the order and have Tesla install it after I get the car. I'll be using it for transporting bikes,

I ordered a Model YLR with the tow hitch 3 weeks ago but haven't even received a VIN let alone a delivery date. Is there a current shortage that anyone knows about? Maybe I change the order and have Tesla install it after I get the car. I'll be using it for transporting bikes,
That's a very different discussion, you may want to try one of the waiting rooms. You should be seeing an estimated delivery date.
And honestly, 3 weeks is a really short time compared to what's going on.