Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest air suspension released with the Raven package for S/X have adaptive shocks. They are soft when you are cruising and firm when you reach higher speeds or drive enthusiastly.

Also can be set for comfort, sport or automatic.

If this is part of the release for the Model 3/Y, it will be awsome.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
I have 2 other cars with air suspension, that are not Teslas (old ICE cars). One of the deciding factors of Model 3 vs Model S was the lack of air suspension, in addition to cost of course. I wanted a simpler, cheaper to maintain car, without air suspension along side the others in my garage. Anyone whose had an air suspension failure - which will inevitably occur - knows the major inconvenience and safety issue this entails. So, while I’m not anti air suspension in general, I hope the model 3 always remains with the simple and cheaper suspension design.

I drive an s with air suspension. I text drove a 3 and that was my very first complaint. I literally drove off the lot around the corner and back to the service center. I just can’t. You feel every part of the road.

If the Y came with air I’d have two of them in place of my S.

Reactions: voltage
Until Tesla finds a solution to the X and S "shudder" - I don't want it on my Y.

3s don't have adaptive air suspension and don't shudder.

my s HAD the shudder and it had zero to do with the suspension. I had a loaner s from Tesla that also had the shudder. The shudder comes from the front motor putting to much stress on the half shafts. They seemed to have fixed mine with new mounts.

the 3 may not have been around long enough or it could be their much smaller motors they have vs the s/x

Interestingly that’s exactly why I wouldn't want air suspension. I find it to isolating and that it diminishes road feel and steering feedback. Personally I’m sport oriented but see the benefits of an air suspension in a ‘luxury’ application.

what I meant by feeling the road was every single divot in the road. Every slight pothole in the road. Every slight road irregularity.

I can feel the road when I drive and I drive my S very hard. But I don’t miss feeling all that other crap.

Reactions: voltage