Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Atomic Wheels thread for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, Atomic Wheels here.

We are happy to announce we have finally launched our wheels collection for Tesla vehicles.

Texas-based wheel company that has been created by a group of enthusiasts who have been facing a common problem: the market is flooded with wheels and accessories for EVs that are way too expensive. Determined to take on the challenge, we set out on a journey to create custom-forged wheels of exceptional quality at an affordable price point.

After many months of research, development, and tests we are finally ready to offer you a collection of our wheels for all Tesla vehicles.

Before we introduce you to our models, here are a few more details about our forged wheels:
  • Crafted from 6061-T6 billet aluminum, Atomic Wheels are forged using 10,000 tons of pressure, ensuring unmatched strength while maintaining a lightweight design. Atomic Wheels are pure monoblock forged wheels, with no involvement of flow forming or rotary forging.
  • Heat-treated for additional integrity
  • Quality equal to and sometimes greater than the raw materials used by the world’s top OEM automakers
  • Atomic Fully Forged Wheels are 3x stronger than cast wheels and 25% lighter
  • All Atomic Wheels come with free off-charge Knurled bead to prevent tire slippage under hard braking and acceleration
And more important we are offering extremely affordable prices for our wheels. We offer prices of 30% or even more lower than other companies.

Our prices are based on the diameter of the wheels you would like to purchase, here are prices before taxes and shipping:

Diameter
Single piece price
Full set price
18"​
$435​
$1740​
19"​
$470​
$1880​
20"​
$545​
$2180​
21"​
$595​
$2380​
22"​
$695​
$2780​

Saying this we want to draw attention to the fact it won't affect the quality of our product. We are extremely focused on quality control and each single piece is going through multi-stage quality control before being shipped to you. On top of that, we are providing a lifetime structural warranty along with that we are offering a competitive return policy.

We want to assure you, that our wheels will satisfy all your needs and provide the benefits of unparalleled strength, lightweight advantages, and exceptional performance on the road.

Right now we are in the process of manufacturing a huge batch of wheels and expecting to be ready to ship them as soon as 2nd half of November. We do understand that pre-ordering is not going to work for all of you and many of you want to get your wheels as soon as possible. This is why we have developed a special pre-ordering process for the TMC community.

We are offering pre-orders only for a $100 full set, and more importantly - fully refundable. If at some point your plans are changed, feel free to let us know and we will refund your money immediately.

But this is not everything we want to offer!
The first 15 pre-orders will get 30% off on the set you choose! Simply use this promo code at checkout and a 30% discount will be applied to your purchase: TMCcoupon

Here are the prices you will get if will pre-order among the first 15 people:​

Diameter
Single piece price
Price after 30% off for a single piece
Regular Full set price
Price after 30% off for a full set
18"​
$435​
$304.5​
$1740​
$1218​
19"​
$470​
$329​
$1880​
$1316​
20"​
$545​
$381.5​
$2180​
$1526​
21"​
$595​
$416.5​
$2380​
$1666​
22"​
$695​
$486.5​
$2780​
$1946​

So, let's talk about our collections

We do have wheels for all Tesla Models:

Model Y
Model 3
Model S
Model X

All wheels for Model S and Model X are offering a 900 KG (1984 lbs) loading rating.
All wheels for Model 3 and Model Y are offering an 800 KG (1763 lbs) loading rating.

Additional details such as the weight for each design and spec can be found on our website: Premium Fully Forged Wheels

Here are a few styles for Tesla Model Y that you can pre-order today:

[AW01]
Available in the next specifications:

Colors: Satin Black (as shown below), Satin Gunmetal, Satin Bronze
Sizes:
  • 18x8.5" +35​
  • 19x9.5" +35​
  • 20x9.0" +34​
  • 20x10.0" +40​
9849C934-A80B-4D48-9658-66593E0F0581_L0_001.JPG

BD58E94C-83A6-4661-B77B-215507D2D0E5_L0_001.JPG

[AW02]

Colors: Satin Bronze (as shown below), Satin Gunmetal, Brushed Silver.
Sizes:
  • 20x9.0" +34​
  • 20x10.0" +40​
FCDEDAA7-0B27-4902-8A12-99DA65535B9E_L0_001.JPG
E0588876-88F0-49F8-94F6-566016AF527C_L0_001.JPG

[AW03]

Colors: Satin Gunmetal (as shown below), Satin Black, Satin Bronze.
Sizes:
  • 20x9.0" +34​
  • 20x10.0" +40​
E2E835FB-DF71-438C-8054-EFC137F0C3EC_L0_001.JPG

0060CBDD-9354-4425-B0F3-B5AAB343FA4A_L0_001.JPG

Please feel free to visit our online store to discover even more.

If you have any questions, you can reach out to us at: [email protected] or give us a call at +1.214.225.8585 (8 am - 6 pm CDT).

We also have an online chat on our website you can use to ask any questions. And of course, we are happy to answer any of your questions here at the TMC forum!

Last edited:
Tempted but cannot find wheel weight info. Shedding as much weight (add lightness means going to 18") while still staying with load specs (will be doing some towing) and not reducing launching traction (concerned about going to a narrower rear size in my MYP 10.5 stock to 8.5 with yours, yikes).

-Paul
Hello Paul,

Thank you for your interest. We understand the importance of knowing the weight of the wheels you want to buy.

We do have estimated weight calculations for each model and size, and did not post them (yet) on purpose, because we strive to be as precise as possible.

Currently, we are waiting for each style and size to be manufactured, including painting to be able to provide our customers with exact weight numbers.

During development, we focused on finding the right balance between wheel weight and loading rating. We know it is essential for optimizing vehicle performance and ensuring safety.

To be more specific if we are talking about [AW01] design with the following specification: 18x8.5" final weight is expected to be 20.2 lbs. We are happy to provide exact numbers after the actual weighing.

If you'd like to order wheels with the specifications we are currently not offering, we will be happy to talk about it more and help you get the exact product you want.

Also very interested in 19" sized set pending weight
Hello there!

Thank you for your interest.

As we have mentioned above, currently we are waiting for each style and size to be manufactured, including painting to be able to provide our customers with exact weight numbers.

However, the final weight for [AW01] 19x9.5" is expected to be 22.48 lbs

What is Tesla's wheel load rating requirement for the MY LR 7 seater?
Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

To determine the loading rating for the wheels on your MY LR 7-seater, please refer to the Vehicle Certification label located on the driver's door jam. This label contains essential information, including the GAWR FRT (Gross Axle Weight Rating for the front axle) and GAWR RR (Gross Axle Weight Rating for the rear axle).

The GAWR signifies the maximum distributed weight that each axle can safely support. To ascertain the minimum loading rating necessary for each wheel, simply divide these values by 2.

The DOT recommendations are 1400 lbs/635 KG per wheel for passenger vehicles and the industry standard is 1764 lbs/800 KG.

Tempted but cannot find wheel weight info. Shedding as much weight (add lightness means going to 18") while still staying with load specs (will be doing some towing) and not reducing launching traction (concerned about going to a narrower rear size in my MYP 10.5 stock to 8.5 with yours, yikes).

-Paul
Hi Paul,

We have actual numbers.

[AW01] 18x8.5" +35 is 19.3 lbs each wheel.

@Atomic Wheels

For the AW07, is there any chance there will be a 20" with 8.5" in addition to the 9.5" which is currently there? Possibly interested but looking for stagger.
Hello There!

We are in the development process of a custom pre-order option that will allow our customers to place preorders for any design and variant they prefer. If you want to get more details please send us an email at [email protected]

As of now, we are accepting pre-orders for existing designs and variants only.

I'm really tempted to grab a set of these (AW02) for my MYP, but have a few questions.

1) The wheels will fit the Performance brakes, correct?
2) Does the satin gunmetal match the midnight silver paint? I wish you offered these in satin black, but since you aren't, I'm wondering how close the match is.
3) Are we able to pick them up instead of having them shipped to save on shipping costs? I'm located in DFW too.
4) Will you be getting anymore TPMS sensors in? I would need to get a set of those from somewhere if I bought these.

Reactions: Msicario
I'm really tempted to grab a set of these (AW02) for my MYP, but have a few questions.

1) The wheels will fit the Performance brakes, correct?
2) Does the satin gunmetal match the midnight silver paint? I wish you offered these in satin black, but since you aren't, I'm wondering how close the match is.
3) Are we able to pick them up instead of having them shipped to save on shipping costs? I'm located in DFW too.
4) Will you be getting anymore TPMS sensors in? I would need to get a set of those from somewhere if I bought these.
Hello there!

We are glad you have questions and are happy to answer them.

1. Yes, all our wheels are designed to fit Performance Tesla Model 3 and Tesla Model Y and performance brakes is not an issue!
2. Tesla's midnight silver and our Gunmetal color are different for sure, but we don't think it will be a huge difference.
3. YES! We are offering local pickup.
4. YES! We are awaiting a huge shipment of TPMS and should restock them in a week or 2.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Hello there!

We are glad you have questions and are happy to answer them.

1. Yes, all our wheels are designed to fit Performance Tesla Model 3 and Tesla Model Y and performance brakes is not an issue!
2. Tesla's midnight silver and our Gunmetal color are different for sure, but we don't think it will be a huge difference.
3. YES! We are offering local pickup.
4. YES! We are awaiting a huge shipment of TPMS and should restock them in a week or 2.

Please let us know if you have any questions!
You don't by chance have a color sample of the gunmetal that I could come by and see, do you? I really wish you had the AW03 in satin black like the others. That would have made it a no brainer. LOL

You don't by chance have a color sample of the gunmetal that I could come by and see, do you? I really wish you had the AW03 in satin black like the others. That would have made it a no brainer. LOL
Not at the moment.
Are you looking for [AW02] or [AW03]?

We have [AW03] in Satin Black in this batch and you can pre-order them right now.

Not at the moment.
Are you looking for [AW02] or [AW03]?

We have [AW03] in Satin Black in this batch and you can pre-order them right now.
I prefer AW02 over AW03. I like how aggressive it looks. That's why I wanted to see if you had a sample of the gunmetal. It's always hard to tell the exact color from pictures. I meant AW02 in my previous post. Oops! The only other tempting one is the AW01 because you offer it in both 19" and satin black. That's a big weight difference and the right color. 🤔

Let me ask you this...if I put down a deposit on the AW02 in gunmetal and when you get it in and the gunmetal isn't the right color, are we able to switch to one that is offered in the satin black? For all I know, the gunmetal could be perfect. I just can't know for sure without a picture of the wheel on a midnight silver Tesla or seeing it in person. Decisions...decisions!

I prefer AW02 over AW03. I like how aggressive it looks. That's why I wanted to see if you had a sample of the gunmetal. It's always hard to tell the exact color from pictures. I meant AW02 in my previous post. Oops! The only other tempting one is the AW01 because you offer it in both 19" and satin black. That's a big weight difference and the right color. 🤔

Let me ask you this...if I put down a deposit on the AW02 in gunmetal and when you get it in and the gunmetal isn't the right color, are we able to switch to one that is offered in the satin black? For all I know, the gunmetal could be perfect. I just can't know for sure without a picture of the wheel on a midnight silver Tesla or seeing it in person. Decisions...decisions!
Thank you for providing all these details.

We can do it for sure. Feel free to place a pre-order for [AW02] in Gunmetal and add a note summarizing information from your previous reply. When we receive the batch out team member will be in touch with you to arrange a showing and local pick-up.

Reactions: greenmonk