Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Odd noise when heating, drivers side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Wondering if anyone else had this same issue? It's only happened about 3-4 times in the past 2 months. It started after we went car camping x2 days. On the drive home, while using the heat -- a really odd noise occurred. I didn't get the video audio of it occurring the first time. It would stop as soon as I turned off the heat/climate control.

Since then, its occurred about 3 other times. I've only been able to get one video. This video isn't the best, as it makes it appear it is speed related and almost sounds like a rattle - but it does it continued to make the sound when stopped. When I cycled the heat off and on - the noise then stops. The last ~10 seconds of the video are the best.

I have a service appointment set up but I keep delaying it because I feel like they are not going to be able to reproduce -- been there/done that multiple times... Wondering if anyone else had this problem, what the solution was, and if there is a better way to replicate it for them?

Thanks!