Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y flooded. (Maybe)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came back to my car yesterday from a bike ride to my car in standing water the same height as OP. I estimate it was like that for 30-45 minutes. Somebody ran into a fire hydrant and flooded the parking lot. I don't have any immediate errors but I am worried about long term corrosion. How big of a deal is it to have the battery back inspected for residual water? Is there a way Tesla can check for humidity in battery pack remotely?

I came back to my car yesterday from a bike ride to my car in standing water the same height as OP. I estimate it was like that for 30-45 minutes. Somebody ran into a fire hydrant and flooded the parking lot. I don't have any immediate errors but I am worried about long term corrosion. How big of a deal is it to have the battery back inspected for residual water? Is there a way Tesla can check for humidity in battery pack remotely?
best bet is to bring it to tesla if you are worried, pay them they can inspect and drop the battery to check. the battery itself is sealed and should not leak water into it but other things are exposed.

Reactions: fsb1