Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance or 2019 P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is going to be far fetched, but looking to pick up most likely a Model 3 Performance or a 2019+ P100D. Exterior color preference I'm open to except red. Interior must be black. If local to Bay Area, even better but open to looking outside of the Bay Area. Let me know!

P100D

that would be the only car I would give my P3D up for if money isn’t at all a concern.

However, at half the price and 98% the performance, lighter and more agile, more fun to drive other than in a straight line, and higher roof line lower dash makes it feel less claustrophobic I would say the P3D all day.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
I have both and while I do really like my Performance 3 and it is a fun car to drive that must be qualified the with "for the money". The power of the 3 is nowhere near "98 percent of the Performance S" and while the 3 feels very quick it also feels comparatively sluggish off the line after driving the S. If they come out with a launch mode for the 3 then it will be much more competitive but still not 98 percent. Buy what you can afford and you will enjoy either.

Last edited:
I have both and while I do really like my Performance 3 and it is a fun car to drive that must be qualified the with "for the money". The power of the 3 is nowhere near 98 percent of the Performance S and while the 3 feels very quick it also feels comparatively sluggish off the line after driving the S. If they come out with a launch mode for the 3 then it will be much more competitive but still not 98 percent. Buy what you can afford and you will enjoy either.

The power of the 3 is nowhere near 98 percent of the Performance S? So you're saying the Performance 3 is only 2% of the performance of the Performance S? That doesn't seem right lol.

The power of the 3 is nowhere near 98 percent of the Performance S? So you're saying the Performance 3 is only 2% of the performance of the Performance S? That doesn't seem right lol.
I was replying to the person that said the P3 is "98 percent of the Performance S" it isn’t close to that. Not that hard to understand. Drive both, launch both, the Performance 3 is fun for the price and like I said I really like both of mine but not in the same power league.

Last edited:
I have both and while I do really like my Performance 3 and it is a fun car to drive that must be qualified the with "for the money". The power of the 3 is nowhere near "98 percent of the Performance S" and while the 3 feels very quick it also feels comparatively sluggish off the line after driving the S. If they come out with a launch mode for the 3 then it will be much more competitive but still not 98 percent. Buy what you can afford and you will enjoy either.
Yes, your p100d will beat the P3D off the line, but you're toast after the first corner and dead after 1 lap....

Yes, your p100d will beat the P3D off the line, but you're toast after the first corner and dead after 1 lap....
Ha ha, I’m never taking either car to the track. Over 99 percent of Tesla miles are on Public roads so that comment if fun to say but makes little real world sense. Real world my Performance 3 is toast any time it’s is lined up next to a Performance S and dead the next time and the next and the next.... Different cars it just depends on how much money you have to spend.

Totally agree with this. P3D is spectacular performance for the price. Yah, you're not going to get sub 3 second 0-60 times, but you can do multiple launches around 3.5.
Both the Performance 3 and Performance S can do as many launches as you realistically can and both cars will continue to get quicker as the battery and drivetrains warm up. The Model S after a couple laps on a road course, depending on the track length, will get too warm and go into reduced power mode due to its massive power output compared to the Model 3. On a drag strip the S has no problem and can run more consecutive laps than is practical.

Oh come on, now....
......we are an experienced household!
20191128_102032.jpg