Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 horn doesnt work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 M3 sr+. recently the horn was working intermittently, then stopped working completely. Dash-cam still saves when pressed so I assume the problem is not in the steering wheel. I replaced the horns myself with 3rd party universal horns. First test the horn worked great. 2 days later the horn has stopped again. Research on the existence and or location of a horn fuse or relay has not been fruitful. Some say the m3 doesn't use one and some say it does but doesn't show where it would be located. I hear the m3 horn has lots of issues but not on how to fix.

Research on the existence and or location of a horn fuse or relay has not been fruitful. Some say the m3 doesn't use one and some say it does but doesn't show where it would be located. I hear the m3 horn has lots of issues but not on how to fix.
Models 3 & Y use self-resetting e-fuses ("poly" fuses). But there are no traditional 12V fuses.

2019 M3 sr+. recently the horn was working intermittently, then stopped working completely. Dash-cam still saves when pressed so I assume the problem is not in the steering wheel. I replaced the horns myself with 3rd party universal horns. First test the horn worked great. 2 days later the horn has stopped again. Research on the existence and or location of a horn fuse or relay has not been fruitful. Some say the m3 doesn't use one and some say it does but doesn't show where it would be located. I hear the m3 horn has lots of issues but not on how to fix.
I'd report it to the NHTSA and try to get Tesla to order a recall. It's not an uncommon issue and seems like a safety concern.

Not an uncommon issue? Where else have you seen this reported?
Same issue for me. The horn suddenly stopped working. I discovered though that if I run the heat on high for 5 minutes both the low tone and high tone horns start working both low tone and high tone. Must be water in a connector somewhere is my thought but with the horn being in front of the front left wheel, kind of thinking the problem must be elsewhere in the wiring.