Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 console wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would love to view it. None of those pics will load for me though.
Do they show up now?
20180617_133613.jpg
20180617_133624.jpg
20180617_134420.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Vintre and Dana1
I can't see the blue lights on the Abstract Ocean site, only the red ones. Are you using the ones for the Model S - are they interchangeable?

You can use the blue lights here:

Ultra-Bright Blue LED Lights

They work great in the console and glovebox. The lights go out when the lid/door is closed (I put my phone on video inside both to confirm). You would need the 2 pack for that. As you can read on the above page AO recommends not using the blue lights in the footwells until they develop a new one that won’t time out after a while.

You can use the blue lights here:

Ultra-Bright Blue LED Lights

They work great in the console and glovebox. The lights go out when the lid/door is closed (I put my phone on video inside both to confirm). You would need the 2 pack for that. As you can read on the above page AO recommends not using the blue lights in the footwells until they develop a new one that won’t time out after a while.

Perfect, thanks. I'll hold off as they they note that there are issues with newer builds. I will repurchase when they update the design.

Finally posting some pictures of my stealth PPF wrapped console. So so so much easier to keep clean and I don't worry about scratches anymore

View attachment 311013 View attachment 311014 View attachment 311015

That’s exscrjy what I want. Did you get a ore-cut kit from someone or have it professionally done? My car will be getting a full stealth wrap so they’ll have some material leftover. Hope they’d be willing to try wrapping my center console too.

Just checking, was this one of our kits? If so, it should have come with the squeegee (it's essential), so PM me or reach out to our support if it was missed out of the package.
It was from Abstract Ocean. Already contacted support and they are sending one. I actually don't think I like matte black so I ordered the brushed black anyways. The matte black shows issues too easily.

I did a pretty crappy job with the black brushed metal console wrap from RPM. I’ve never worked with vinyl before so I accidentally stretched the part around the cup holders when I was trying to realign things. I can clearly see myself where I screwed up but it’s fine for now. At a quick glance is still looks pretty good. The main goal was to stop all of those damn fingerprints so at least I accomplished that. I may redo it again at some point and be more careful the second time around.

View attachment 293223
Great job! brushed aluminum is one of the hardest vinyls to wrap while maintaining its aesthetic appeal as (you found) the pattern warps at the slightest bend! seems like you did a pretty sharp job though!