Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 color and tire combos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's all I have to pick from, I'll get the white (would rather have no cost plain white), and the Aero wheels. I'll take off the Aero wheels and put their tires on 18 inch aftermarket rims for $500 or so rather than pay Tesla more money for their $1500 19 inch wheels.

Also I plan on getting black and putting the money toward a $2500 quote I got for a 3M satin blue wrap from Vehicle Wraps, Inc. in Sacramento:
Audi-RS6-by-Impressive-Wrap-3.jpg
I recently saw an original Model S design which was completely covered with a shimmering blue similar to that. It even covered the nose cone. It looked absolutely fantastic. I think color wraps are a really great way to customize a great looking car while not necessarily ordering original desired color from the factory. I used it as a way to save money up front. I never got the wrap before selling. I never got enough money. So the idea is appealing, but it never worked out.

Being in AZ it pretty much rules out that dark grey and black. My first electric was black. Wife would leave it out in a parking lot windows up, no sunshade, AC would almost never be functional for 15 min while the car cooled the batteries more than her. But dark brey and black with Areo wheels... dang it.. I'm almost forced to Red. I really want matte white, it's going to cost me.

Question to fellow Dallas folks, do you guys have 14-50/HPWC installed already?
I am getting quotes of $650 and up for 14-50 and $800 for HPWC (not counting the HPWC!) from the Tesla recommended electricians.
This sounds pricey to me.

Who have you guys used? I have 2 M3 reservations, leaning towards 1 SR and 1 LR and was thinking of going with 1 HPWC to be shared with both cars, will probably only charge 1 at a time (alternate days perhaps).

And I see that I share the same preferences with you Boourns and geoffreak, I am thinking Multi Coat Red (unless they have Signature Red offered before I am invited to configure) with chrome delete and aero wheels. Would have also preferred white interior, but not sure it will be available by the time we order?

TIA,
KG

I am getting quotes of $650 and up for 14-50 and $800 for HPWC (not counting the HPWC!) from the Tesla recommended electricians.

I paid $360 for NEMA 14-50 installation. I supplied the NEMA 14-50 socket and trim plate which I bought off of Amazon (Tesla recommended part numbers). The electrician supplied the two 50 Amp breakers and the junction box (plastic). I had very short wire run (6 gauge) to the breaker. I used Yelp to find a good highly rated electrician in my area.

I am going with Blue color and purchased some used 19" Tesla S rims to replace the 18" default rims.

Who have you guys used? I have 2 M3 reservations, leaning towards 1 SR and 1 LR and was thinking of going with 1 HPWC to be shared with both cars, will probably only charge 1 at a time (alternate days perhaps).

And I see that I share the same preferences with you Boourns and geoffreak, I am thinking Multi Coat Red (unless they have Signature Red offered before I am invited to configure) with chrome delete and aero wheels. Would have also preferred white interior, but not sure it will be available by the time we order?

TIA,
KG
Lots of variability on installation cost depending on the extent of the work needing done. What does the quote all include? Will make big difference if just need a short run and add plug versus having to trench a new line and add a new panel, etc..

I paid $360 for NEMA 14-50 installation. I supplied the NEMA 14-50 socket and trim plate which I bought off of Amazon (Tesla recommended part numbers). The electrician supplied the two 50 Amp breakers and the junction box (plastic). I had very short wire run (6 gauge) to the breaker. I used Yelp to find a good highly rated electrician in my area.

I am going with Blue color and purchased some used 19" Tesla S rims to replace the 18" default rims.

Thanks 355rockit, I did get another quote from a regular electrician off of Angies List and he quoted $450 for HPWC hard wired into the panel and $475 for 14-50 outlet.
Will keep getting some more quotes.

TIA,
KG

I haven't started to get any quotes yet, but I'll be placing any charging option directly next to my breaker panel, so it should hopefully be as cheap as it gets. I'm waiting for official confirmation of 48A vs 40A charging to determine how to setup a HPWC.

Thanks 355rockit, I did get another quote from a regular electrician off of Angies List and he quoted $450 for HPWC hard wired into the panel and $475 for 14-50 outlet.
Will keep getting some more quotes.
I'm hoping to be under $1k for install and parts, so this is a good sign that there are options.