Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 2019 help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Can someone with 2019 help me take a look at your rear deck? If you could check where rear brake light is at. Do you see the thick gray foam between the glass and rear deck, the gray foam is around the brake light(you might need flash light to be able to see better).

I removed the rear deck and put it back together and I just notice that I can see the foam around the brake light. I am not 100% sure if I seen those before, I just need to make sure that I put them back the right way.

Thank you so much,
Tony

IMG_8211.jpg
IMG_8212.jpg

I definitely don’t have that on mine. I think it’s used to elevate the deck, so that the stoplight is not seen.
Thank you. Is your 2019? My friend 2020 and my wife 2022 can not see those foam neither also the speaker grill are two separate left and right but mine is one long piece cover left to right. I think those foam is to seal the top part to the windshield and brake light or somehow.

IMG_8215.jpg

Yep, your 2019 model should definitely have that foam piece around the rear/3rd brake light. Below is a photo showing mine.
The foam is needed to prevent light bleed from that brake light. Without it and a good seal, you’ll definitely get/see some annoying light bleed whenever you apply the brakes. Hopefully, that foam piece on your particular vehicle is still in good condition and will seal up well when you re-assemble the rear deck. Good luck!

3CBEDEC0-B951-46E9-9E9B-ADA1D132AF72.jpeg