Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU2 Upgrade, two different part numbers and different prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI folks,

I got a quote some time ago from tesla for MCU2 upgrade, but cancelled it. Now last week i ordered it again and got a different part number as well as the price. Any idea what's the difference? I can't find anything on tesla EPC site. My car is 2018 with EAP.
Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 13.06.59.png

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 13.07.28.png

Generally, the higher-priced MCU2 unit is for cars with HW2.0 or later (2016-2020). The lower cost is for older cars pre HW2.0 cars (2012 to 2016). HW2.x cars that have AP2 will also get an AP3 upgrade, even if you didn't buy FSD, which may be part of the price difference.

Generally, the higher-priced MCU2 unit is for cars with HW2.0 or later (2016-2020). The lower cost is for older cars pre HW2.0 cars (2012 to 2016). HW2.x cars that have AP2 will also get an AP3 upgrade, even if you didn't buy FSD, which may be part of the price difference.
Just to confirm, this is a quote for the same car with one month difference...
What confusing is the quote which states HW3 is actually cheaper one.

they just didn't charge me, although I approved the quote

Wow - must have been an oversight!

My MCU 2 upgrade has been delay again, originally for late Jan, moved to early March and now indefinitely until they let me know when parts have arrived...

When did you request it? If my appointment has been canceled pretty much everybody else should have been canceled at this point.

Wow - must have been an oversight!

My MCU 2 upgrade has been delay again, originally for late Jan, moved to early March and now indefinitely until they let me know when parts have arrived...

When did you request it? If my appointment has been canceled pretty much everybody else should have been canceled at this point.
I booked in late Jan. but I’m in the UK not US

Paul. Since you’re U.K. based (me too) just to confirm:

Did they replace the MCU, the main screen AND binnacle display (instrument cluster)?

How long did it take?

Did they give you/offer a loaner vehicle while the work was being done?

Thanks
Hi,

Yes, they replaced the screen and instrument cluster.
It took 2 days.

They didn't give me anything, loaners only for a warranty work the said.

Had the work done. Took a week!
Now I’m not sure how to tell if they actually replaced the main screen and binnacle display.

Parts aren’t individualised on the invoice so that’s no help.

Anyone?
Print this out Infotainment Upgrade | Tesla Support and take that to them. It's clearly stated that it is available with or without the radio.

There are two prices. One for pre AP 2.0 vehicles and one for 2.0 and above.

Before you print it our or saved as a PDF to attach to the communication chat in your app, expand the FAQ so it exposes everything in there.