Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian wheels scuffed/scratched during install at Discount Tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a new set of new Martian MW03 wheels and tires mounted/balanced/installed at a local Discount Tire and they left scuff/scratch marks around the lug entry points that they claimed where unavoidable. At first they said it was marring but then they tried cleaning it up a bit and it showed bare paint marks.

The assistant manager offered to just take off a couple of the install costs which now after processing a bit doesn't seem acceptable to me. I am now thinking I want them repaired/refinished on their dime; is that an unreasonable ask?

It's been bothering me all evening since leaving the shop; the AM gave me his business card and told me to give them a call when I decided what I wanted to do as I was just kind of in shock and not a confrontational type of person.

Did anyone who have the MW03 encounter these issues?

Attachments

• IMG_6880.jpg
    IMG_6880.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6883.jpg
    IMG_6883.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6885.jpg
    IMG_6885.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6886.jpg
    IMG_6886.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 38
Just had a similar experience with Discount Tire and my new MW05s. The manager asked how I wanted to resolve it. I said wheel repair and he opened a Purchase Order with a wheel repair company while I waited. They are supposed to fix the wheels in my driveway with no cost to me. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

They also scratched my Ubers putting them in the back of my car. Wheels are so fragile!!

Gives me flashback to when I had this similar issue at a VW dealer with my new car that needed a tire balance for vibration. Nice gloss black rims and every rim and lugnut hole was chipped. The dealer investigated and found were not using a protected socket when supposed to. Got all brand new rims from dealer.

Not sure how repair will look. That finish is probably more forgiveable with repair though.

Good luck.

Reactions: Noflash
Gives me flashback to when I had this similar issue at a VW dealer with my new car that needed a tire balance for vibration. Nice gloss black rims and every rim and lugnut hole was chipped. The dealer investigated and found were not using a protected socket when supposed to. Got all brand new rims from dealer.

Not sure how repair will look. That finish is probably more forgiveable with repair though.

Good luck.
Thanks. They just finished and the wheels look new again. I'll have to take a pic.

Reactions: DownshiftDre