Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.
I’m 71 and suspect the polls are skewing against the orange narcissist/7 enhanced gall bladder disease symptoms
You do follow?
Pew Research Center
For more up to date with free email updates
Tomorrow night will most likely be a significant data point with rallies

Fivethirtyeight has a pollster rating based on past performance. Generally the higher the pollster rating, the worse Trump's approval rating. I think the ratings are accurate for the entire country. He's very popular in some places. Outside of white, rural America, he's very unpopular.

I live in one of those suburbs that is trending from moderately red to blue because of Trump. In the last two years I haven't run into a local who has anything good to say about him. Most people who had 2016 Trump bumper stickers removed them. There is one guy who was driving a Jeep around town with a giant Trump flag, but I haven't seen him in a couple of months. I also saw one pickup parked in front of a house on our street a few months back with a Trump 2020 bumper sticker. But I have seen a lot less pro-Trump stuff lately and nothing the last few months.

My SO was reading an article about our Congresswoman. She's the only Hispanic woman in Congress. In 2018 she lost this county (Portland suburbs and 2/3 the population of the district), but won fairly handily in the rural parts of the district so she squeaked out a narrow win. The article indicated she has a tougher job in 2020. This county has turned very anti-Republican in the last year and it was trending that way before.

• Funny
Reactions: SpaceCash
It sounds like Trump doesn’t know that the current credit system puts German and Korean cars at an advantage over American cars. If so, Democrats are not doing a good enough job of pushing the right buttons. Just ask Trump if he wants to make Germany and Korea great again, or if he prefers to make America great again.
It sounds like Trump doesn’t know that the current credit system puts German and Korean cars at an advantage over American cars. If so, Democrats are not doing a good enough job of pushing the right buttons. Just ask Trump if he wants to make Germany and Korea great again, or if he prefers to make America great again.
Shouldn't your post be moved to the political discussion thread? That's what happened to one of mine yesterday just because I mentioned ICE taxing and free market concepts. I didn't ever once mention any political party.

Physician....health thyself ;):D:rolleyes:

• Helpful
Reactions: SpaceCash
Shouldn't your post be moved to the political discussion thread? That's what happened to one of mine yesterday just because I mentioned ICE taxing and free market concepts. I didn't ever once mention any political party.

Physician....health thyself ;):D:rolleyes:
Gee, his post is talking about an amendment to the law that might or might not be beneficial to Tesla and the stock price. Your post, on the other hand, was just argumentative about someone else's post, also moved, that had nothing to do with Tesla.

Mod: Guess what? These posts are getting moved too... --ggr

Gee, his post is talking about an amendment to the law that might or might not be beneficial to Tesla and the stock price. Your post, on the other hand, was just argumentative about someone else's post, also moved, that had nothing to do with Tesla.

Mod: Guess what? These posts are getting moved too... --ggr

My post earlier that was removed (not the recent one) was addressing specifically the need to not worry about ICE taxes because Tesla has proven that BEV beats ICE and that the transition is already well underway. Yes, I knew they would remove the one today. And leave the Mods much more politically charged post. You guys are such hypocrites.

I'm fairly certain Sanders could beat Trump. A Sanders/Gabbard ticket is not impossible since they've been close allies in the past.
That is the only wombo-combo I can see possibly beating Trump.
I voted for Sanders in the primaries but eventually came to strongly dislike him and I abstained from the actual election (Hillary should have never run, absolutely insanely unlikeable candidate).
Trump is kind of a putz but not even remotely close to as bad as the general media makes him out to be.

That is the only wombo-combo I can see possibly beating Trump.
I voted for Sanders in the primaries but eventually came to strongly dislike him and I abstained from the actual election (Hillary should have never run, absolutely insanely unlikeable candidate).
Trump is kind of a putz but not even remotely close to as bad as the general media makes him out to be.

His behavior is so textbook for a malignant narcissist that many college Psych professors are using footage of him to teach their students about narcissist personality disorder and malignant narcissism.

History has been a lifelong hobby (I was reading history books aimed for adults in 1st grade). Trump has the temperament an absolute classic despot. The only reason the US has not devolved into some despotic mess yet is the courts have been holding the line. Countries with less of a history of rule of law have gone to very dark places when someone like Trump came to power: Idi Amin, Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Robert Mugabe, Francois Duvalier, and the list goes on and on.

He's significantly dumber than most of those despots and he's not as violent as most of them, but he's still a despot at heart. Early on he had some relatively sane heads who were trying to keep him in check, but most of those people are gone now to be replaced with people who are using him for their own agendas.

I do agree that Hillary was a very unlikable candidate. She's a terrible communicator and rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but she is not the crook the right wing media paints her to be.

His behavior is so textbook for a malignant narcissist that many college Psych professors are using footage of him to teach their students about narcissist personality disorder and malignant narcissism.

History has been a lifelong hobby (I was reading history books aimed for adults in 1st grade). Trump has the temperament an absolute classic despot. The only reason the US has not devolved into some despotic mess yet is the courts have been holding the line. Countries with less of a history of rule of law have gone to very dark places when someone like Trump came to power: Idi Amin, Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Robert Mugabe, Francois Duvalier, and the list goes on and on.

He's significantly dumber than most of those despots and he's not as violent as most of them, but he's still a despot at heart. Early on he had some relatively sane heads who were trying to keep him in check, but most of those people are gone now to be replaced with people who are using him for their own agendas.

I do agree that Hillary was a very unlikable candidate. She's a terrible communicator and rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but she is not the crook the right wing media paints her to be.
I personally know a malignant narcissist. Have 12 years experience on a very personal level. Trump strikes me as a different cat than the guy I know.
A better guide would be Malkins Narcissistic spectrum theory, From 0-10 scale, Trump lives around an 8 but does not drift over to 10 very often. He also appears to have empathy. Malignant Narcissists do not have empathy, period. They live around 9 on the scale and hit 10 whenever challenged or unsure of themselves. They also do not give a rats A$$ about anybody or anything that cannot benefit themselves personally. There are too many stories of Trump quietly helping out those less fortunate without every telling anybody. What does that gain him? Sounds like he has at least some empathy to me. Yes, he is a big baby in some ways, but that is beside the point.
At any rate, for a professor to try and video diagnose someone as a malignant narcissist that he has never met just tells me they are using their own confirmation bias to pick an example they like. Obama for example never once gave a speech where he didn't mention himself dozens if not hundreds of times. Anybody who runs for POTUS is going to fall on the high side of Malkins spectrum. It's the nature of the beast.

Reactions: ccook and alloverx
So was Hitler. And Stalin (twice).
And pope.

It is almost like "Times' person of year" is not "person that we like", but "person that are considered important by Times". And people can be important for very different reasons.

Though I know some loons explained away Greta as child brainwashed by her parents and other drivel like that.

Uhmmmm @Skryll you can't just 'disagree' a factual post like that, they said so at the Geneva convention.
He most likely disagreed with your insinuation that Greta is as bad as Hitler or Stalin.

The only Dem candidate I find compelling (Tulsi) is being smeared by her own Ouroboros party.
Oh boy, not Tulsi again.

Tulsi has zero reasons to support Modi. He is to the right of Trump and actually worships the terrorist who assassinated Gandhi. Modi just passed a law that is similar to Trump's Muslim ban and has another law about registering citizens. Those two together are similar to laws passed by Hitler to other the Jews. There are widespread protests about these laws in India right now being put down brutally by Modi.

Either Tulsi is a fraud and doesn't actually care about 200 million Muslim in India - or is too dumb to figure out the politics of Modi. Both are deal breakers.

You can claim to be anti-war or progressive when you support fascists abroad. She tweeted this "welcome" to Modi - even as Modi held a rally in Houston with Trump. Before you say anything about US-India relations etc., let me point out that other Hindi congressmen like Jaypal and Khanna don't do this kind of stuff - and have spoken out against Modi.

Whenever Tulsi is asked about VHP / RSS (Nazi inspired Hindu supremacist organizations) - she always sidesteps and won't answer directly.

If someone posted a photo with Bolsonaro like the one below, what would you say ?

TulsiModi.PNG

Reactions: kcveins
Oh boy, not Tulsi again.

Tulsi has zero reasons to support Modi. He is to the right of Trump and actually worships the terrorist who assassinated Gandhi. Modi just passed a law that is similar to Trump's Muslim ban and has another law about registering citizens. Those two together are similar to laws passed by Hitler to other the Jews. There are widespread protests about these laws in India right now being put down brutally by Modi.

Either Tulsi is a fraud and doesn't actually care about 200 million Muslim in India - or is too dumb to figure out the politics of Modi. Both are deal breakers.

You can claim to be anti-war or progressive when you support fascists abroad. She tweeted this "welcome" to Modi - even as Modi held a rally in Houston with Trump. Before you say anything about US-India relations etc., let me point out that other Hindi congressmen like Jaypal and Khanna don't do this kind of stuff - and have spoken out against Modi.

Whenever Tulsi is asked about VHP / RSS (Nazi inspired Hindu supremacist organizations) - she always sidesteps and won't answer directly.

If someone posted a photo with Bolsonaro like the one below, what would you say ?

View attachment 489200

Obama-Modi 'bromance' a turning point for US, India? - CNN
media-handler.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: ccook and SpaceCash
Can you with a straight face say that she isn't?

She very obviously is. She is the Lindsay Lohan of climate politics and I feel very sorry for her
I think the phrase
“Give me a freaking break” is appropro here, said with a straight face.

She see’s what’s going on, has been going on, “
“adults” ‘talking the talk’ but not “walking the walk”

Actions speak louder than words, and the mostly inactions, by the “adults” in charge practically scream

“Massive extinction event on the near horizon”

So the children are taking charge as best they can

Reactions: UrsS and JRP3
Status
Not open for further replies.