Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Computer/Dash Screen Question?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help answer a few of my questions regarding the M3 Computer/Dash Screen functionality. Apologies in advance if these questions seem stupid.

1. Can you sync it with a tablet/computer? I use my work tablet (surface 3) quite a bit and utilize my outlook email and calender a lot. And by a lot I mean I would not be able to work without those two things. It would be awesome to have those two things somehow integrate with the car's computer.

2. Has anyone heard of any safety features regarding the screen? Sometimes my job leads me to unsafe areas. Not a problem for me but the car might stand out and some unsavory characters may see a large computer screen and think it was an actual computer and break the window and try and rip it out. I know it sounds stupid but you would be surprised.

Any info helps...thanks

Any answer you get here would be sheer speculation. You might be better off sending Elon Musk a tweet and hoping he replies.

Seems doubtful re: the integration at first glance. MS uses Windows, Tesla uses a highly modified version of Linux.

Any answer you get here would be sheer speculation. You might be better off sending Elon Musk a tweet and hoping he replies.

Seems doubtful re: the integration at first glance. MS uses Windows, Tesla uses a highly modified version of Linux.

Thanks for responding...don't have Twitter so I guess I will just have to wait and see...worse case scenario would just be throwing something over it so no one can see since it extends out

If you are able to access your emails via the web, you should be able use the cars browser to check your email. Not a builtin solution but I'm not sure if the s or x have an integrated email app.

I agree with you that it would be nice if the car can sync with phones so that it could intelligently prompt you about upcoming events and automatically bring up navigation for the event location. I would like this feature.

I think elon discarded the idea of opening up an api or sdk that allow developers to write apps for the car for security issues. He mentioned he would prefer a way to mirror phone screen on the car display console but have seen news on this either.

Reactions: AU1985