Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LTE Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How often do you call 911? I don’t think I have ever called 911.

It's one of those things where the chances of needing to do that are slim, but when you do need it - you NEED it!

I have called 911 to report accidents or to report dangerous drivers. If I needed to I would have pulled over to report the accidents. When reporting the dangerous driver I was behind him on the road with no place to pull over (2 lane black top with lots of traffic).

So I have seen massive improvement with 36.2.1

I now have lte reception before I even leave my underground garage. It’s a small sample size of a few days but it had never worked before like this.

I am in the same boat and have had 36.2.1 for a few days. I have had no connection issues since my last update. AM Radio streaming does occasionally stutter/buffer even with a strong LTE signal though, which is annoying.

Note for those in Canada and have general bad reception, you can ask for a different sim card, and they will swap in a Telus sim if you have connectivity issues with Rogers.

In Canada today. Thanks for suggestion.

Has anyone had success with this? Not only in getting the card swapped, but also in seeing better reception?

Last edited:
Hi Everyone

There are a couple threads about LTE issues but mine are a bit different. I am driving a Model 3 (June 2019 production date) in Vancouver Canada.

I park in an underground with poor LTE. A few days a week when I arrive in the car it will have no connectivity. However, upon leaving the parkade, cell service is very strong, but the car will not reconnect. It can take well over 30 minutes in strong connectivity areas before it finally connects, seemingly at random. This also happens any time the car goes to deep sleep such as when it sits for a long time, or when it is rebooted. It has been an issue as long as I have had the vehicle, but seems to be happening a bit more since v10 (or at least with the v10 features I am just noticing it more).

Does anyone else have this issue?
Yes, precisely same recurring issue for as long as I have had the car