Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud rattling caused by these CCB's pads...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi to all of you Track Pack owners :)

Does anybody else with the Track Pack CCB's noticed the loud noise when driving over imperfect roads.
We're not talking some clicking, but real loud metallic rattling.

It took the SC a long time to identify the issue in the first place, since it's only the second car in the region equipped with CCB's.
Anyway after some weeks they found the rattling, and it gets really loud...
The oversized space inside the calipers keeps the pads rather loose, since the pads needs room to expand/shrink.

My previous P992 Turbo and M5, both equipped with Carbon Ceramic brakes, never had this issue druing their years of duty.
Also the fact not any other Plaid Track Pack has reported this before.

Thanks for chiming in :)

Hi Sam1, thanks for the hint,
The brake shields haven all been freshly installed with upgraded ones, as part of the Track Pack.
These are much more solid and a lot thicker and now ventilated ones.
It's definitely the pads which are loose inside the calipers and causing the heavy rattling, the SC checked everything around the car aswell and found the cause at the end.

I'll try Evil EV's hint and will be solved :)
Thanks !

Reactions: Sam1
Last week my car was asked again at the Antwerp SC, apparently some engineers from Tesla and UK's AP Racing have been investigating a solution.
A fix would be offered by AP Racing towards Tesla and so to us within a short timeframe.

By now Tesla's SC's should have received a bulletin about the noise.

Cheers,

Mans.

Great day to all,
Just a short feedback from my side, Tesla Service has my car in for what they call installation of the CCB "anti-rattle kit".
Car should be fixed and back available to me by end of the day.
From I'm able to get as information, it seems like they're adding shims.
Cheers !

Reactions: Sam1