Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Israel/Hamas conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, ICJ already indicated that they think genocide is happening... But let's wait until their full verdict. You can apologize at that time.
Ooh - the ICJ! Maybe they can put some UNRWA members who attacked Israel on 10/7 on the jury!

The ICJ taking up South Africa's grotesque Genocide claims is as absurd as the UN allowing Iran to chair the Human Rights Council amidst Iran's brutal repression of their women and terrorist sponsorship of Hamas, Hezbollah and Houthis.

No condemnation of Hamas who is flat out open and transparent with their genocidal goals, but the anti-Semites in Europe and the UN accuse Israel of genocide for trying to rescue their hostages and stop rocket attacks?

It is all a sad joke. Anti-Semitism really does warp the brain, morals and logic of some people.

Did President Biden say that the Trump Administration was right all along ?

It's probably a case of a broken clock being right twice a day. The past administration was against all foreign aid and they made up excuses to cut off aid whenever possible.

Though if the intelligence agencies actually had solid intel that Hamas was taking this money to attack Israel back in 2018, we will probably hear more about it.

Reactions: CatB and navguy12
Just at the moment when there is a humanitarian catastrophe in Gaza Western countries use the pretext that some UNRWA employees may have been complicit with Hamas to remove all financial support for UNRWA. It's obviously a complete coincidence that this happens right at the same time that Israel suffered a defeat at the ICJ.
Apparently the vaunted "International Order" is only valid as long as it serves Western interests.

There was no "defeat" at the ICJ. They made no determination that there has been any genocide. And they did not demand any cease fire, which they would have had genocide been determined. It is awful that UNRWA played an active role in the 10/7 attacks. Given the hateful garbage they indoctrinate Palestinian children with in their schools, perhaps not shocking, unfortunately.

Just at the moment when there is a humanitarian catastrophe in Gaza Western countries use the pretext that some UNRWA employees may have been complicit with Hamas to remove all financial support for UNRWA
UNRWA is more than just complicit. These particular employees should be arrested not just fired, and the entire organization should be disbanded.

The anti-Semitic indoctrination in UNRWA administered schools is appalling and it has been going on for decades. Anyone who pretends to have paid attention to this conflict should already know this.

Generations lost...

With three US troops reported very recently killed and 25 injured in a drone attack on a US base in Jordan, seems things are not looking to simmer down in the Middle East soon.

Drones are becoming increasingly sophisticated and capable. Outside of their use in Russia's war on Ukraine and in the Middle East theater, seems like it's only a matter of time until terrorists start to use drones around the world on civilian targets. Some targets are unfortunately quite vulnerable thousands of miles away from terrorist bases, such as cruise ships, cargo ships, and oil tankers.

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
With three US troops reported very recently killed and 25 injured in a drone attack on a US base in Jordan, seems things are not looking to simmer down in the Middle East soon.

Drones are becoming increasingly sophisticated and capable. Outside of their use in Russia's war on Ukraine and in the Middle East theater, seems like it's only a matter of time until terrorists start to use drones around the world on civilian targets. Some targets are unfortunately quite vulnerable thousands of miles away from terrorist bases, such as cruise ships, cargo ships, and oil tankers.

Drones are the new terrorist weapon. The good news is that larger drones with larger payloads are easier to detect coming in. But small armed drones will be a nuisance for some time to come.

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
Not even 1‰ of the employees of UNRWA were supposedly involved in the attack on Israel, yet that's supposed to be sufficient reason to stop any financial support.
Sorry, this brazen hypocrisy and unconditional support for Israel has really shattered the credibility of Western countries, provided there was any left in the first place.
Did you see the videos of the Palestinian school children talking about their lesson plans on teaching them to hate and kill Jews? The anti-Semitic indoctrination at UNRWA run schools in Gaza and the West Bank is more than enough for the US to stop providing financial aid to that group.

Besides, the same people who are marching in the streets in the US in support of Hamas, are many of the same people who marched in the streets demanding we "Defund the Police" because a handful of bad cops.

Not even 1‰ of the employees of UNRWA were supposedly involved in the attack on Israel, yet that's supposed to be sufficient reason to stop any financial support.
Sorry, this brazen hypocrisy and unconditional support for Israel has really shattered the credibility of Western countries, provided there was any left in the first place.
I asked you a personal question a little while back.....are you German or just working or stationed there...you didn’t reply (as is your right) but some of the things you believe coupled with you address have left me curious

Hyperbole is probably not having the effect you want.
The 10/7 attack was pure terrorism.
No, I don’t want to fund it. I don’t want my tax dollars funding it. At all.
That does not mean I don’t want to fund other relief efforts (and, by the way, I have personally), it just means some people don’t like wasting money, and they especially don’t like funding terrorists.
Do not conflate common decency and common sense with “brazen hypocrisy.”

Reactions: SmokyPeat
Did you see the videos of the Palestinian school children talking about their lesson plans on teaching them to hate and kill Jews? The anti-Semitic indoctrination at UNRWA run schools in Gaza and the West Bank is more than enough for the US to stop providing financial aid to that group.

Besides, the same people who are marching in the streets in the US in support of Hamas, are many of the same people who marched in the streets demanding we "Defund the Police" because a handful of bad cops.
Did you see the Israeli children singing about genocide in state media:

What does Israeli curriculum teach regarding Palestine and Palestinians? You have one video of someone doing something stupid vs the whole state of Israel’s curriculum.

Hyperbole is probably not having the effect you want.
The 10/7 attack was pure terrorism.
No, I don’t want to fund it. I don’t want my tax dollars funding it. At all.
That does not mean I don’t want to fund other relief efforts (and, by the way, I have personally), it just means some people don’t like wasting money, and they especially don’t like funding terrorists.
Do not conflate common decency and common sense with “brazen hypocrisy.”
Are you saying UNRWA gave the order to those 12 aid workers to ALLEGEDLY take part in oct 7th? Or did they act on their own?

Cutting funding with this excuse is collective punishment which is a war crime.