Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a setting to keep headlights from coming on in garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have not been able to find a way to keep my headlights from coming on while I back out of the garage with my '23 Y Perf in daylight hours.
I hit the off button in the menu, which turns them off, but it happens each time I start the car.
There is no need to keep cycling those lights on and off unnecessarily.
Must I just live with this annoyance?

Thanks

There is no need to keep cycling those lights on and off unnecessarily.
Must I just live with this annoyance?

If you mean, must continue to turn off the headlights if you dont want them to come on when the light sensor doesnt see enough light) the answer is yes, you must continue to turn them off manually as they default to auto,.

Of course, you could also introduce enough light in your garage to have the lights not come on, but "lights in the garage" is not the complaint I normally hear or expect for this. Unless someone is living in the garage, I dont see how thats an issue (you are certainly not introducing "additional wear that matter" by the lights coming on.

This complaint normally shows up with people who park outside in their driveway and dont want the light coming on and shining in a bedroom or something.

=========================================
(from the manual for the vehicle)

Headlights

Exterior lights (headlights, tail lights, side marker lights, parking lights, and license plate lights) are set to AUTO each time you start Model Y. When set to AUTO, exterior lights automatically turn on when driving in low lighting conditions. If you change to a different setting, lights always revert to AUTO on your next drive.
Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 9.18.27 AM.png

Reactions: Mr. Wonderful
Status
Not open for further replies.