Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the trip info accurate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bing Maps show about 13 hours, tesla.com/trips show it as 15, with about 4 hours of charging. (from Somerset)

I'm actually going to say that Tesla may be a little optimistic.

700 miles @ 70 mph = 10 hours. Add 4 hours of charging and that's a long trip.

You may even think about making it even longer, dependent on where you are staying. You mat want to go to the Knoxville Supercharger to top it off on the way in. There's a few destination chargers and J-1772 plugs, in Pigeon Forge area, but you'll need to sit on them a lot longer.

Reactions: vinny84
There's a few destination chargers and J-1772 plugs, in Pigeon Forge area, but you'll need to sit on them a lot longer.
I was going to recommend Plugshare. It’s sad to read on some of the plug share comments of public charging not working.

pp.JPG
bbq.JPG

Things may have changed. i would recommend to have all your RFID cards from charge point, blink, ect ect. Public charging can be fun but it's hard to rely on them in time of needing.

Don't depend on 1772/public chargers too much, half of the time they don't work or people are plugged into them and gone for long times. They take too long also. Just use superchargers as typically some empty stalls always (mostly empty for us that aren't in CA it seems). The trip planner actually works out to be pretty accurate usually. If you drive fast, if it tells you to leave and you'll have say 5% batter left at next charger, wait until you'll have 15-20% instead so you can drive faster in my experience.