Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Stealth Grey a metallic paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to test drive a Stealth Gray Highland Model 3 today. Parked my Midnight Silver Metallic Model Y right next to it…we were in the shade so not the best context for a comparison but the difference was minimal.

It's darker than the previous and I saw somewhere that it changes colors in varying light. Sounds confused and probably expensive to repair so I ordered black for my soon to arrive Highland.

Black is a PITA to keep sharp looking but nothing is as classy as black cars except black motorcycles (HD).

Reactions: Leeclanual
Maybe because my car’s paint has finally cured (it’s 3 months old now) or maybe because I’m simply not observant, but for the first time yesterday I noticed as I was walking out to my car sitting in direct sunlight that the metallic fleck in MSM is a dark blue. I was wondering what color fleck is in the Stealth Grey; anyone know?

Maybe because my car’s paint has finally cured (it’s 3 months old now) or maybe because I’m simply not observant, but for the first time yesterday I noticed as I was walking out to my car sitting in direct sunlight that the metallic fleck in MSM is a dark blue. I was wondering what color fleck is in the Stealth Grey; anyone know?
“Midnight” is a bluish gray. You can see it in Tesla paint and Apple products. Stealth is a grayer gray.

Reactions: mborkow
Yeah, I like the blue that comes in sunlight and other lighting conditions with the midnight paint.
Unfortunately the stealth has a reddish/purple - I don't know how to describe it that's weird IMO.
So the 2024 that I'll take delivery of by March 28 is Black.
(Trading in 2022 for 2024 because I have their FSD transfer)

I have the midnight silver in my '23 model 3. It's a popular color for cars now, and really looks like a plum color in certain light.
Really?
I just traded my 2022 M3 in midnight silver and never saw a shade which I'd call "plum". Instead it had a distinct blue shade which appeared in various light - sometimes when overcast, sometimes when the car was in a shaded place on a sunny day.

Now I never think of plums as blue. I see them as maroon. deep purple, even dark red.

I did make a point to drive down to the Tesla outlet to view the new "Stealth Grey" color in order to decide if I liked it enough to order my 2024 M3 in it, the baseline color choice. Because of its purplish/red undershade I did not want it and ordered black instead.

So, I think every prospective buyer should go see the color for themselves if the grey is considered and not take any online review or statement as their reason to order stealth grey.

Really?
I just traded my 2022 M3 in midnight silver and never saw a shade which I'd call "plum". Instead it had a distinct blue shade which appeared in various light - sometimes when overcast, sometimes when the car was in a shaded place on a sunny day.

Now I never think of plums as blue. I see them as maroon. deep purple, even dark red.

I did make a point to drive down to the Tesla outlet to view the new "Stealth Grey" color in order to decide if I liked it enough to order my 2024 M3 in it, the baseline color choice. Because of its purplish/red undershade I did not want it and ordered black instead.

So, I think every prospective buyer should go see the color for themselves if the grey is considered and not take any online review or statement as their reason to order stealth grey.
I don't know. Here's my 23 midnight silver in a garage. I can kinda get behind the "plum" description in certain lighting. Or maybe that's more blue lol Garage.jpg

Reactions: Leeclanual
Really?

I traded a Bolt EUV for the Tesla with the same color! Must be popular. Didn't ask for it. That's the Tesla model I wanted that was available on line at the local dealership. It's some kind of gray-purple. And it's nice. I've seen it around in other cars.