Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[iOS] battery drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cwanja

Jun 14, 2021
Houston, Texas
Has anyone else noticed a random spike in Tesla app battery usage?

Just started today, from what I can tell. Looking at my battery history, 75% of todays usage is Tesla and if I select a period of time Tesla is the highest by a country mile. Always >75%, sometimes high as 80 or 85%.

No update in the iOS App Store and already updated to the latest version.

Model S, refresh, so I have phone key. But zero issues for two years.

I've consistently seen drastically higher battery consumption on my iPhone any time I am displaying driving maps. That applies whether the app displaying the maps is Google Maps, Apple Maps, or the Tesla app. They may not all be the same, but they all seem really, really high compared to anything else I use my phone for.

Just yesterday I got the 20% warning from my iPhone for the first time ever. I blamed myself for having watched my wife's progress via the Tesla app, not just in map mode but in overhead photography mode, and left it for a long while when I was not looking at it.

I can’t be sure if this is the issue, but the app reportedly added motion and fitness tracking to improve phone key.
Maybe this is the issue? I haven’t upgraded yet.

I can’t be sure if this is the issue, but the app reportedly added motion and fitness tracking to improve phone key.
Maybe this is the issue? I haven’t upgraded yet.
Appreciate the post, I saw that as well. I actually think mine is related to this post here Tesla App consuming phone battery after booking a service - both Monday and yesterday I saw massive drain and both days I was interacting with service via the chat. Monday I actually had mobile service.

Looks like a potential bug in the app when interacting with service or service collecting telemetry off the device - which would be weird.

Appreciate the post, I saw that as well. I actually think mine is related to this post here Tesla App consuming phone battery after booking a service - both Monday and yesterday I saw massive drain and both days I was interacting with service via the chat. Monday I actually had mobile service.

Looks like a potential bug in the app when interacting with service or service collecting telemetry off the device - which would be weird.
I too had the same issue. I even asked the mobile technician whether Tesla app is sending a bunch of diagnostics data to Tesla server. I quit Tesla app and rebooted my phone after the service was performed.

Reactions: cwanja