Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Input request: Road trip from Naples, FL to Yonkers (Yahnkuhs?), NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
-

Taking a trip in my Telsa MYP 2024 to my home state of New York.

I've been planning the trip using A Better Route Planner, plain 'ol Google Maps (on Google Maps you can search 'Supercharger, [city]' and it'll pull them up) and finally Tesla's planner.

I'm mostly using ABRP for mapping out the supercharger locations and then Google Maps for checking out the location itself.

I'm planning a total travel time of 8-9 hours per day so currently my first leg is Naples to overnight in Brunswick, GA, then second travel day leg to [somewhere] with the goal of arriving in Yonkers around mid-to-late afternoon on the third travel day.

My second leg is where I'm having a challenge on where to overnight. Right now I have Stony Creek, VA as my destination.

Thoughts?

=====

Secondly, tolls. I bought a Sunpass Pro which markets itself as working in multiple states ** and the lone holdout, at least along this route, appears to be South Carolina lol.

Any considerations with tolls? I'm perfectly ok with SC mailing me a toll invoice.

Where can I use my SunPass PRO?
SunPass PRO works on toll roads and most bridges in Florida plus, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, parts of Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.

=========

Reactions: vanjwilson
-

Taking a trip in my Telsa MYP 2024 to my home state of New York.

My second leg is where I'm having a challenge on where to overnight. Right now I have Stony Creek, VA as my destination.

Thoughts?

It looks like the Hampton Inn in Stony Creek has Tesla destination chargers, and I've found that Hampton Inns usually keep their chargers in good repair. If you are able to make it a little further, there are also several hotels in Ashland, VA, just north of Richmond that offer free destination chargers.

Secondly, tolls. I bought a Sunpass Pro which markets itself as working in multiple states ** and the lone holdout, at least along this route, appears to be South Carolina lol.

Any considerations with tolls? I'm perfectly ok with SC mailing me a toll invoice.

The only toll road in South Carolina is the I-185 spur in Greenville, SC, off of I-85. It is a "road to nowhere", so I doubt you'll need it, even if you meander through South Carolina.