Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So everytime they release a "safe" update you have to unplug the module and plug it into your computer? Are they sending out these updates automatically since I haven't received any.
Ok so if your car has an incoming update from tesla then you just wait until its safe and then go onto your ingenext app and "allow update" then update like normal on your car.

Now to update the actual module then you do what i said earlier.

Does that make sense?

Question, how do you update the Ingenext app, to make sure that you have the most up to date version so you can update the car? I'm still on 2022.20.19 on my car lol.
If you are on 2022.20.19 then I would think you have the FSD beta. If that is the case, you won't see to many updates since FSD beta is basically a fork on the update path. If you are lucky enough to receive the FSD Beta 11, that is firmware update 2022.40.5. Currently ingenext is only showing 2022.40.4 to be safe.
If you happen to receive FSD Beta 10.69.3 that is safe to update for the actual firmware is 2022.36.15 which would be safe with ingenext since 40.4 is currently safe.
I'm currently on the same firmware that you are at. The FSD Beta folks do miss out on a lot of the fun stuff that's already on most vehicles. That's the price to be paid in order to have point A to B self driving.

Reactions: m3snowy
Ok so if your car has an incoming update from tesla then you just wait until its safe and then go onto your ingenext app and "allow update" then update like normal on your car.

Now to update the actual module then you do what i said earlier.

Does that make sense?

Yes, that makes sense; I haven't done any firmware updates on the module at all since I bought it in July. I didn't do the one in October. The only reason I'm trying to update the car is because my dashcam stopped working no matter what formatted USB and I heard it was a software issue. Is 2022.20.19 safe to do if I didn't do the October firmware update?

Yes, that makes sense; I haven't done any firmware updates on the module at all since I bought it in July. I didn't do the one in October. The only reason I'm trying to update the car is because my dashcam stopped working no matter what formatted USB and I heard it was a software issue. Is 2022.20.19 safe to do if I didn't do the October firmware update?

here's the list of safe updates from ingenext, either way i'd update the module if they instruct you to do so

here's the list of safe updates from ingenext, either way i'd update the module if they instruct you to do so
Thanks, I've seen the list, but I was unsure if the version module I have is what the list is based off of; or if I have an older version on my module itself. How can you tell which module is the ghost and which is the nice try module?

Thanks, I've seen the list, but I was unsure if the version module I have is what the list is based off of; or if I have an older version on my module itself. How can you tell which module is the ghost and which is the nice try module?
you have the ghost module? if so i have the same thing which comes with two module. Each module has writing on it, one will say nice try and the other will be ingenext or ghost i forget. You only update the ghost one NOT THE NICE TRY MODULE.

you have the ghost module? if so i have the same thing which comes with two module. Each module has writing on it, one will say nice try and the other will be ingenext or ghost i forget. You only update the ghost one NOT THE NICE TRY MODULE.
Sounds good, thank you for your help! Is there any way to remove it without removing the harness? Or do it while it's still in the car with a laptop?

I think they marked it up first and then discounted…classic. Not much savings tbh.

No, they didn't, for the Ghost Upgrade anyway. You might be looking at CAD$ pricing. I've been tracking the Ghost Upgrade for a few weeks -- it's been USD$2070 (regular price) all along but the CAD$ price changes all the time according to the current exchange rate. And their USD-CAD exchange rate isn't the best.

Since my credit card doesn't charge the usual 2.5% foreign currency exchange rate penalty, I switched the currency to USD$ before adding to Cart, and was able to purchase and pay for it in USD$.

Here's my billing details in USD$ (GST only for my province):
GHOST UPGRADE × 1
980 Congrats you have the right motor / Yes

Subtotal $1,552.50
Shipping $24.62
Taxes $78.85
Total $1,655.97 USD

Reactions: MrFusion4
No, they didn't, for the Ghost Upgrade anyway. You might be looking at CAD$ pricing. I've been tracking the Ghost Upgrade for a few weeks -- it's been USD$2070 (regular price) all along but the CAD$ price changes all the time according to the current exchange rate. And their USD-CAD exchange rate isn't the best.

Since my credit card doesn't charge the usual 2.5% foreign currency exchange rate penalty, I switched the currency to USD$ before adding to Cart, and was able to purchase and pay for it in USD$.

welcome to the 980 club!

I bought the boost 50 for my LR in feb 2022 for $999 cnd. So unless their prices have gone up 65% to now $1650 cnd, they pumped it up.
Having a sale from $1650 to $1250 to me just seemed like a pump and sale compared to what I paid. 🤷🏽‍♂️