Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Indianapolis: AES Indiana, No longer offering EVX tariff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DCGOO

Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
For years, AES Indiana (FKA Indianapolis Power and Light) offered a great rate plan for EV owners. Basically a TOU plan with bargain basement rates during off-peak times, 2.3¢/kWH in the summer and 2.7¢/kWH in the winter. It did require a separate service entrance and meter to be installed. It allows us to charge both of our Teslas, for roughly $25/month. Crazy cheap! AES Indiana has a relatively small footprint though, only covering Marion County, Indiana, plus a few slivers just outside the county. Population of roughly one million.

Unfortunately I stumbled across this statement on the AES Indiana web site.

EVX Rate
The EVX time-of-use rate is available to new enrollments for a limited time. AES Indiana will only accept Rate EVX applications through the end of February 2024 – the rate will then be closed to new participants. All existing Rate EVX customers, including those who submit their application prior to February 29, 2024, will remain on the rate with no change to pricing moving forward.

That at least answered my question about how the recently approved rate increase might affect my EV rates. But it sucks they closed the program down. They also have a Managed EV charging plan which requires a Enel X Way JuiceBox charger, which provides some type of rebate if you allow the utility to control it during peak periods. But I have no experience with that plan.