Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Improving driving skills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a stock RWD3 that will eventually go to one of the boys once the LR Juniper Y’s are on the streets. Would like to get us all some time in a controlled learning environment - thinking autocross or something, but have never done anything like this myself. Any suggestions in general and specifically in Houston /SAntonio / Austin areas? Thanks! (Also, not looking to drop a ton of cash if possible! No shredding tires, for example).

Years ago, I joined a BMW club, since I had a series 5, and then was able to take a some high performance driving classes through them on some weekends. Got to learn a lot about car and driving dynamics. The last class, weekend, was at Laguna Seca Raceway. Loads of fun! Maybe there's a Tesla club in the area, or another car club. Just throwing this out for an idea.

I have a stock RWD3 that will eventually go to one of the boys once the LR Juniper Y’s are on the streets. Would like to get us all some time in a controlled learning environment - thinking autocross or something, but have never done anything like this myself. Any suggestions in general and specifically in Houston /SAntonio / Austin areas? Thanks! (Also, not looking to drop a ton of cash if possible! No shredding tires, for example).
Find some of the tracks in the area, There's often an infrastructure around them. Take a look on any map program for tracks that you may not know of, they show up pretty easily.

Reactions: Patrick_TX