Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyundai IONIC 5N more fun than a M3P? Let's fix that...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every publication I've read has raved about how much fun to drive the IONIC 5N is, mainly because of its simulated engine/shifting/rebel limiter sounds. It's first time I’ve seen another manufacturer create a fun, engaging vehicle that caused reviewers to smile ear to ear. The’ve co-opted the Tesla grin! Kinda makes me want to test drive one.

I think Tesla should offer these engine sounds as a software update, because after all many people (including me) purchase vehicles based on auto reviewers’ fun to drive scores.

Remember, Tesla spent a lot of their software teams bandwidth creating various fart sounds. Fake engine and gear sounds might generate excitement and actually increase sales. Thoughts?

• Funny
Reactions: Vines
Upvote 0
IMO, fake engine noises remind me of slow cars with a loud exhaust; the sound is absolutely pointless. E-shifts only slow down the car; if I’m pedal to the metal, I don’t want the car to decelerate and give me a shift or rev limit ‘feel;’ I want maximum acceleration. Again, pointless.

I appreciate loud, fast, manual cars…but I don’t want those faked in an EV. In an EV, I want instant torque, EV whine sounds (I’m thinking ID-R), with continuous thrust.