Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight glows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My driver side headlight glows sometimes after the car is parked and shuts down. The SC has had it since noon last Thursday and they are saying they can't replicate the issue so they are still running diagnostics. I even sent the service manager a picture of the mysterious glowing headlight. I bought the car 9/28/16 and I've notice this happening on more than on occasion. I was sure I had seen this on another forum and they said the SC replaced the headlights on both sides.

Attachments

• 20161216_060127.jpg
    20161216_060127.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 84
Is it becoming self aware? I will take a look at mine to see if it happens there too. When it happens is the light lit up on the center dash corresponding to the light on the car, or on the mobile app? So for example if you turn your turn signal light on, the side lamp blinks when you look at you car on the center console..

My driver side headlight glows sometimes after the car is parked and shuts down. The SC has had it since noon last Thursday and they are saying they can't replicate the issue so they are still running diagnostics. I even sent the service manager a picture of the mysterious glowing headlight. I bought the car 9/28/16 and I've notice this happening on more than on occasion. I was sure I had seen this on another forum and they said the SC replaced the headlights on both sides.

Mine have been doing that from the beginning. I had Tesla swap both headlights already. It's still happening. They don't know why. I think it's some kind of capacitor in the headlights that's slowly discharging after turning off. I decided that I will have them replace my headlights before my warranty expires and ignore it for now. I haven't noticed any battery loss.