Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Haven't secured financing and Tesla wants me to choose a delivery date in 5 days. Any way to delay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went in to order a MYP on 12/2 Friday around 4pm which said estimated 12/4 to 12/11. Applied for Adelphi when I got home. Adelphi isn't open on the weekend. I plan to call Adelphi on Monday morning to see if they need anything else.
The Tesla App tells me that I need to choose a delivery date by tomorrow by 4pm or I lose my order. The only dates they have is Friday 12/9 at 4pm at another dealership about 2 hrs away. I work and can't really make any of the the days they have to choose from. All weekdays. If I choose the Friday date and need to reschedule a delivery date to a weekedn is it possible?

Thanks.

You can always go with Tesla and immediately refinance with Adelphi afterwards for the lower rate. That will be my plan, if they do not give me notice. I will still apply through Adelphi and my other credit unions and if they can't get the paperwork in time, Tesla can do it in a day or so(last minute resort).
Have you contacted your SA and asked them or can you reject that order?

I haven't contacted the SA since the email just came to me about 2 hrs ago about the possible cancellation. I just wanted to get my financing done before scheduling. Also by doing Tesla First then refinancing usually won't you take a little hit on the percentage since refinancing would be as low as Adelphi 3.25%?

Does Adelphi do refinancing? I don't see it anywhere.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
I haven't contacted the SA since the email just came to me about 2 hrs ago about the possible cancellation. I just wanted to get my financing done before scheduling. Also by doing Tesla First then refinancing usually won't you take a little hit on the percentage since refinancing would be as low as Adelphi 3.25%?

Usually a refinance isn’t quite as good but you can try and argue that is is pretty much new. Worked for me with FedChoice a week ago. But I also started two loans with them so that may have swayed them. It also seems you can reject a delivery and get assigned another vin. Chances are good it will be fast but might buy you a few days time. Also to consider is if you bail on the first one and the second one is all jacked up rejecting it cancels your order it seems.

If you are shopping for the absolute lowest rate possible you might be able to get 3.99% on a refi vs 4.99% through Tesla. Tesla lender for those with excellent credit qualifying for best rate seems to be Wells Fargo currently.

On a five year loan the difference in total interest paid over that period of time is about $1350. Only you can decide if that difference is worth the effort.

Im on the same boat. Today is my delivery date, actually the pick-up time was 3:00 PM Central Time. Today morning Adelfi finalized the wire payment, but said that the Wire Confirmation will not be available until 5:00 PM Pacific Time. I have sent and SMS to my SA to notify of this and to ask if I can still pick up the vehicle today 12/9 since the SA mentioned that I can't move on with the delivery if they don't receive the Wire Confirmation from the lender. I've been sitting here waiting for either the Tesla Center or my SA to call me. It's already 1 hour past my delivery time.

Oh hopefully you can still get yours. I was able to text someone to delay my delivery until Monday. Signed AdelFi Docusign last night and awaiting funds to be delivered. Hopefully it's there by Monday 4pm when I need to pick up.

I took delivery today. Yesterday I got the Wire Confirmation page in an email from Adelfi around 7:30 pm, immediately sent it to the Tesla delivery center email. Also, yesterday at the end of the day, a representative from the delivery center called me and asked If I was interested in taking delivery after hours, I explained the situation with the wire confirmation page and was able to reschedule the delivery for today.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
It's case by case, I would just continue to rush through the financing option and the person that texts you to schedule delivery, that should be your sales/delivery contact, update them through there. They should be able to give you options.

Mine was also down to the wire, literally got all the paperwork done 1 hour before the scheduled delivery.

I'd like to know what else others are doing? Is there a way to get some extra time since my SA just notified me hey delivery this week and I don't have my financing set yet.
So I text the 510 number and told them my situation. They delayed my delivery from a Friday to the following Monday and told me if I don't get the financing by then it would be canceled. However my financing came thru late on Thurs evening 5:30pm. I then text the 510 number immediately if they had any openings for Sunday (yesterday). The 510 number got me in on Sunday.

So definitely text that 510 number and let them know your situation.

So I text the 510 number and told them my situation. They delayed my delivery from a Friday to the following Monday and told me if I don't get the financing by then it would be canceled. However my financing came thru late on Thurs evening 5:30pm. I then text the 510 number immediately if they had any openings for Sunday (yesterday). The 510 number got me in on Sunday.

So definitely text that 510 number and let them know your situation.
Thanks for the tip! Hopefully I can get mine done sooner than Friday.